Not eggs again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pacanis, when you go to the store, get some asparagus. Steam or saute your asparagus in EVOO/butter and then put two eggs (or more) fried in butter on top. Garnish with some fresh shredded or grated parmesan. Yummy. I already posted this somewhere else - probably on an asparagus thread. It's so good, it's worth posting twice, though.

Last edited:
Too late, Karen :( I wonder how it will work with broccoli :)

When you guys are talking about frying eggs to add to something, do you mean scrambled, sunnyside up, over easy.....?
That fried eggs on rice sounds good, too.

I obviously should start learning to do more with eggs, but ya can't beat hard cooked eggs and beer :LOL:

I think it would probably work swell with broccoli; I'd chop it up a bit to make a bed for the eggs. We like our eggs "basted" - that means start them out on medium high heat in a nonstick frypan of bubbling butter, let the bottoms firm up a bit, then add a few tablespoons of water and cover the pan. In a minute or two, the tops will be cooked (opaque). Sorta like sunny side up, but with the white part solid and yolk nice and runny.

I know that look, Karen. I've covered eggs before I was frying and got that whiteish look to the yolks. I'm interested to try it with water added. I imagine it will speed things up.Thanks.

Don't like Spam. A couple of my friends used to rave about fried spam and mayo sandwiches. I tried it until the can was used up. It's food...... but that's about all I'll give it. ;)

Too late, Karen :( I wonder how it will work with broccoli :)

When you guys are talking about frying eggs to add to something, do you mean scrambled, sunnyside up, over easy.....?
That fried eggs on rice sounds good, too.

I obviously should start learning to do more with eggs, but ya can't beat hard cooked eggs and beer :LOL:

For me it always means over easy or basted (I have never tried the water method, usually it is fried in lots of bacon grease and I spoon the grease over it as it cooks... not good for the heart but darn good on the taste buds!

I wish I had your problem with too many eggs, LOL. If I tried to keep even a single chicken around here I would get run outta town. I wonder if they would survive a trip in bubble wrap?? ;)

Eggs Goldenrod?

How'd I do Katie?

This is some good food! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Attachments

• eggs goldenrod.jpg
    eggs goldenrod.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 191
You get an A+++, pacanis. Isn't it yummy? Sometimes I add drained canned baby peas when I want a change.

This was a recipe I grew up having after Easter when we had lots of hardboiled eggs that needed to be used up. I love it.

You can also use the same white sauce to make creamed chipped beef over toast/biscuits. My daddy wouldn't eat S.O.S. as he knew it. He ate too much of it when he was in the Navy.

a different egg breakfast or lunch dish

toast and butter an english muffin. slice canadian bacon , heated. put on one egg each side of muffin. either soft boiled , poached or fried to your prefrence.

heat creamed spinach(frozen or make your own. ) i use frozen. then spoon over egg. sprinkle with cheese. nuke couple seconds to melt cheese. you will be pleasantly suprised.

babe

:ohmy::ohmy:

toast and butter an english muffin. slice canadian bacon , heated. put on one egg each side of muffin. either soft boiled , poached or fried to your prefrence.

heat creamed spinach(frozen or make your own. ) i use frozen. then spoon over egg. sprinkle with cheese. nuke couple seconds to melt cheese. you will be pleasantly suprised.

babe

:ohmy::ohmy:

Almost eggs sardou :chef: - sounds tasty babe!

Nice picture, Pacanis! Here's another one I love:

Gratin of Hard Cooked Eggs.

2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
Pinch each S, P, freshly ground nutmeg (season generously)
1 1/4 cups grated Gruyere
6 hard boiled eggs
4 green onions
1 1/4 cups frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs

Make a white sauce with the first 4 ingredients, take off heat, and add one cup of the cheese, stirring until melted.

Halve the eggs lengthwise, chop onions into pea size pieces. Place eggs, cut side up in buttered 6 cup casserole. Sprinkle peas and onions over top of eggs. Pour sauce over top, sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. ( I mix them in the cuisinart with some fresh parsley and thyme).
Bake in preheated 450 oven until browned and heated, app 25 to 30 minutes.

mmmm, that souunds good Loprraine.
I may have to pick up the missing ingredients and give that a try.

I'm the only one who eats it, so i eat it for breakfast / lunches until it's gone. It's rich, so I don't make it often. but I do love it. :) Hope you do too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom