"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Thanks for all the pointers. I'm going to try this with low heat Wednesday when I have time for a good breakfast. I'll report back.

sicklyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Send a message via ICQ to Billdolfski Send a message via AIM to Billdolfski Send a message via MSN to Billdolfski Send a message via Yahoo to Billdolfski
Here is how my routine goes.

Prepare your fillings... cook the meat and veg (if you want them done) and have your cheese ready, if you want cheese in it.

Beat your eggs (I think I typically go three) and add just a bit of milk (I like my scrambled eggs dense, but like my omelette a little more fluffy... just a matter of preference) in a cup. Melt your butter and/or oil in the pan (for what I'm going to do... you need it to be all metal... no plastic handle). Once your butter is melted and hot, tilt the pan a bit to collect the fat and pour your egg mixture in there and then put the pan back on the burner.

Wait till the egg starts to set and use a spatula to left the edges and let the uncooked egg run underneath. Do this until you have everything almost completely cooked... then add all of your fillings on one side of the the mostly set eggs.

Then you throw that whole deal in the oven, which I conveniently forgot to mention earlier (350-425) for just a few minutes... till the rest of the egg sets and the cheese melts. Fold and slide onto a plate.

If you don't like chicken fried steak, then I don't like you.
Billdolfski is offline   Reply With Quote