Omelette fillings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
I love diced ham,peppers,cheese,and sweet onions in mine...
and does any one know how to make this white omelette I have been hearing so much about????

When I have family or friends spend the night, or when i have a breakfast for a large group, I beat about 30 eggs and dice peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, cooked bacon and sausage, onions and several cheeses along with what ever else i have. I then Make them "to order" whatever they want is what they get, none of this "well i don't like that". It's also fun for the kids because they can cook their own. For me personnally, I must have portabello mushrooms and bacon with jack cheese.

Ham or bacon
onions
swiss cheese
and mushrooms and topped with some good salsa.

potatoes and onion/scallion, or
cheese(especially smoked scamorza!) and onion/scallion,
at times accompanied with diced pancetta.

tomatoes, mushrooms and cheddar cheese - and oh, that is an egg-white only omlette well done - not too soft or gooey. i am the pain in the *** customer:(

My omelet souffle:
8-12 small Croissants (can be day-old) or enough large ones to fill a 9x13 baking dish.
8-12 eggs, beaten well
thinly sliced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheese... I like to use cheddar or swiss or any of the shredded cheese blends
fresh basil leaves.. just a couple, snipped
fresh dill, snipped (there is no such thing as too much dill!)

Butter or spray the pan. Place the croissants neatly in the pan, then cover with the beaten eggs, with salt and pepper to taste. Cover generously with shredded cheese, then a layer of thinly sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the herbs over that, unless you prefer them mixed in with the eggs. You can also add some bacon to the mixture. Bake at 350 for at least 20 mins., or until well-set.

I think that's everything; I'm typing this with a migraine :sick: so let me know if I left something out. This is OMG delish, and a perfect breakfast when you have guests over. (GB, I'll make it for you when you guys come down!)

As for the white omelets... just throw out the yolks, and you have a white omelet. I prefer it with all it's cholesterol, I'm more likely to throw out the white and keep the yolk! This dish can also be made with all egg whites; the cheese adds plenty of flavor.

Sorry Kimbaby, if I am going to have an omelet, which I love, will go for the whole egg kind.

I have to watch my intake, particularly of all the good stuff like calories and cholesterol laden stuff, and do it pretty well by cutting back on what I eat.

That means egg dishes only occasionally.

But when I do it, I do it right.

Best darn omelet I ever had was a fried chicken liver one. Not a dish for the cholesterol challanged however.

Usually just put in whatever I can forage from the fridge including some cheese or cheeses, tomatoes, onions (particularly geen onions), ham, peppers, or whatever we feel like. Toss in some herbs, and always toss in a a bit of hot sauce. Sometimes cover with a salsa or tomato sauce.

Can make a chili and cheese omelet that is great, particularly for kids. This cries for diced onion.

Oh yes, and always add about one tablespoon of milk to the egg mixture.

There is nothing better than a good omelet, and it is always fun making them.

I love cooked asparagus in my omelet, along with a little diced ham (or bacon), and whatever cheese I have on hand.
I'm now getting more into frittas now than omelets, though. You can make the whole meal at once, and it's great leftover...even cold.

I used to love the garbage omlette...still like em, but now I prefer to be selective. Maybe spinach and feta, maybe ham and swiss, maybe tomato and herb with a bit of parmesan or mozarella. A couple items at a time, because there is always tomorrow's omlette to plan for later!

auntdot,lots of ideas sounds very interesting, chicken liver omelette?sounds like you know your omelettes...:)

This isn't really an ommelette, but I like to saute some fresh spinach in a pan and then when it's cooked, add in a few eggs and stir until scrambled. I then put it on a platter and top it with either fine herb and garlic Boursin or some cottage cheese.

It sounds a bit odd maybe, but trust me, it's devine!

"whats in your omelette?"

A capital one ca - no, wait. That's WALLET, not omelette.

Omelettes usually get sausage and cheese here, and then a liberal (say 1/2 a bottle or more) dash of hot sauce.

John

I like Goetta and cheddar cheese. I also prefer to use cayenne pepper when seasoning my scrambled eggs.

ronjohn55 said:
"whats in your omelette?"

A capital one ca - no, wait. That's WALLET, not omelette.

Omelettes usually get sausage and cheese here, and then a liberal (say 1/2 a bottle or more) dash of hot sauce.

John

A liberal amount??:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom