"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Oreo Pancakes Recipe!!!

Oreo Pancakes - Grandbaby Cakes

Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Wine Guy

Sorry, but that looks like just about the last thing I would ever want to eat for breakfast in the morning.

Maybe as a dessert, though.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I am with you Steve. Maybe a Sunday night supper or dessert. But just the thought of getting up and facing that first thing in the morning is more than I could do. To feed a family, you would have to make pancakes the size of the pan and then assemble. Cut into serving pieces for an individual. The kids would love it. That's for sure.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Master Chef

I'm with you guys, to me it is gross.

I do think it would be a grand finale for a bunch of giggling kids at a sleepover!

Just make sure you send them home before they start tossing their cookies!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike could easily eat a stack of them all by himself. And he has a gallon of real maple syrup to go with it. That has three of his favorite foods. Maple syrup, whipped cream and pancakes. I will never understand that kid. He buys the whipped cream in a can just so he can squirt it in his mouth and eat it. If you make the whipped cream, he will hang around until you are all done with using it just so he can have the bowl.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
Executive Chef

What!?! Oreos for breakfast is good. Foods from at least 2 food groups-- Chocolate and milk. I thought they looked rather good. I could eat a 3 stacker, as long as Addie says it's ok to use enough whip cream for a whole stack.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am with you Steve. Maybe a Sunday night supper or dessert. But just the thought of getting up and facing that first thing in the morning is more than I could do. To feed a family, you would have to make pancakes the size of the pan and then assemble. Cut into serving pieces for an individual. The kids would love it. That's for sure.
A pancake is a Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack meal. Sure it is a bit more effort to do this than a basic boring regular pancake, but this is NOT your normal pancake.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Some mornings it's all I can do to look a slice of toast in the face. I really think I'd have to go back to bed if someone offered me this for breakfast!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #9
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
A pancake is a Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack meal. Sure it is a bit more effort to do this than a basic boring regular pancake, but this is NOT your normal pancake.
You forgot to mention dessert, because that's really what this is. If I ate these pancakes for any meal, I would feel crappy for hours afterward. Copious amounts of sugar simply doesn't provide enough nutrition.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
You forgot to mention dessert, because that's really what this is. If I ate these pancakes for any meal, I would feel crappy for hours afterward. Copious amounts of sugar simply doesn't provide enough nutrition.
I agree with you Steve. Carb overload. I often wonder if the folks who think up these recipes are aware of diabetes being on the increase.

Tags
cake, cakes, pie, recipe

Oreo Pancakes Recipe!!! [url=http://www.grandbaby-cakes.com/2014/06/oreo-pancakes/]Oreo Pancakes - Grandbaby Cakes[/url] :chef::pig::chef: 3 stars 1 reviews