Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad they worked for you. I have a feeling if I had used them, that we would have gotten better results, but Shrek tried them while I was at work and he had tossed everything by the time I got home.
MEN, sounds like someone I know:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think we need to turn him lose in the yard with a rake and shovel. Garden anyone???
kades

MEN, sounds like someone I know:LOL::LOL::LOL:
I think we need to turn him lose in the yard with a rake and shovel. Garden anyone???
kades

I'm going to wave a guitar in front of him and go shopping. That'll keep him busy and out of the kitchen.:ROFLMAO:

well pretty much like I said, I can't believe all these years and no matter what I tried didn't work. Just made another batch of hard boiled eggs. Did the same thing pretty much. brought a pan of water to boil, but not a BIG RAPID boil. Put the eggs in with tongs "one even cracked". Than put timer on for 13 minutes. Used large white eggs and pretty much had the burner on close to the highest. about half way during the water came to a FULL rapid boil. After the 13 min...Took them out with the tongs. put them in cold water from the sink. the water wasn't even wicked!!! cold. let cool down a little and peeled them. No problems with ANY of the eggs.

Last edited:
Yep got the eggies. No problem with them leaking, they just take time to cool down and the shape is not the greatest but hey I love deviled but hate peeling sooooo eggies it is.
cj
James got me a package of Eggies, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I don't have problems with boiling and peeling eggs (unless they are too fresh), but I will definitely try them. :flowers:

I like to use my steamer. It has a tray with indentations for eggs - 14 minutes. Then I drop them into a bowl cracking them a little and cover with cool water until I feel like peeling them. They do best if I put them in the steamer straight from the fridge so the yellow doesn't get green.

Cover cold eggs with cold water in pot with a bit of salt. Bring to boil then immediately lower to just a simmer. Cook for 7 minutes. Turn pot off and allow to sit for 2 minutes in hot water. Then drain and run cold water over eggs till you can hold one in your palm without burning. Give blunt end of egg a nice rap against side of sink or pot to crack then a few more taps around the egg, let sit in cold water at least 10 minutes. Peel eggs in or under running water. Tip - make sure to get under the membrane between the egg and shell.

Last edited:
The fresher the eggs, the harder they are to peel. For fresh (and you know I mean FRESH eggs), adding a healthy amount of salt (about 2T) and vinegar to the water seems to help when it comes time to peel them. I whack the heck out of the eggs after they've sat in cold water for 5 minutes, change the water, and let them sit about 10 minutes. Peel nder running water. Or, if you buy fresh eggs, cure them in the fridge for about 3 weeks.

well pretty much like I said, I can't believe all these years and no matter what I tried didn't work.....

i want to know where you live and where and what kind of eggs you buy? I practically never have any problem peeling eggs, really. Once in a great while, maybe. Otherwise they, the eggs peel very easily. Most of the time the whole shell comes right off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom