"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 12-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #91
Master Chef
Yumm, your latest version sounds divine Z! I think I'll make a batch for Christmas Eve.
By the way, it presents nicely for company if you press it into a small bowl, and flip it out onto a pretty plate. Garnish with parsley.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #92
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
This does sound wonderful, Z!

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #93
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I just made and tried my latest batch of Pimento Cheese, this time adding Pepper Jack to the mix. Yummmmmmmy.

This batch has extra sharp cheddar, pepper jack, bleu cheese crumbles and parm with diced pimentos and mayo.
Oh, this DOES sound good! I haven't had pimento cheese in years - I think I'll make some of this for New Years Day.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:55 AM   #94
Master Chef
I was putting together my shopping list and was all set to replenish my salad fixins.

I did a quick check of the vegetable crisper and found celery, carrots and a cucumber that need to be used up, I decided I better go with finger salads for the rest of the week.

What better way to use up a bunch of crisp, healthy, low calorie vegetables than a batch of pimento cheese for dipping and smearing!

The vegetables have been prepped and are crisping in ice water, the cheese spread is chilling, can't wait for lunch!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #95
Head Chef
Last year I finally was able to find a couple pimento pepper plants. By fall I'd harvested enough to peel dice seed them, and freeze them for future use, I saved some to dehydrate and grind to make paprika, and saved the seeds for future plantings. (I'm in WI and in the north, pimento cheese is not as easily found as in the southern states.)

I started the pimento seeds this February and planted a patch of them last week outside. I have another dozen pimento pepper plants left over if anyone is interested in them.

Pimento cheese on celery is low carb, crunchy, delicious! Hail to pimento cheese.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #96
Head Chef
Originally Posted by GA Home Cook View Post
Wow this brings back memories. For 25 years I've been going on mini golf trips with my friends, some of which are no longer with us. One place we stop is in South Georgia, a public state ran course, has a quaint snack bar. The lady who ran it retired a few year back in her late 70's. She made the best, but weird, pimento cheese sandwich. Of course it was white bread, pimento cheese and a round ring of pinapple from the can. Man was it good. I can't remember the dear lady's name, but thanks for the memories.
That's a new one on me! Sounds terrific. Thanks for idea.

Old bachelor cook

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote