Pimento Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was inspired by powerplantop's pimento cheeseburger yesterday and decided to have one for breakfast.

I made this pimento cheese with about 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz. softened cream cheese, and a couple of heaping tablespoons of grated parm, and bound with some mayo.

I made my burger and placed it on top of some pimento cheese, then topped with some more and nuked it for a minute to get the cheese all melty. No bun. All yum.

I was inspired by powerplantop's pimento cheeseburger yesterday and decided to have one for breakfast.

I made this pimento cheese with about 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz. softened cream cheese, and a couple of heaping tablespoons of grated parm, and bound with some mayo.

I made my burger and placed it on top of some pimento cheese, then topped with some more and nuked it for a minute to get the cheese all melty. No bun. All yum.
Wheres the pimento? LOL

I have been cleaning up my recipes and I came across this soup today. I thought some of you might enjoy it.:chef:

Pimiento Cheese Soup
2 T oil
2 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
1 medium sweet potato
4 cups of stock or water
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3 ounce package of cream cheese
4 ounce can of pimiento
Salt
Pepper

Heat oil in large saucepan and sweat chopped onion and chopped celery. Add cubed white potato and cubed sweet potato, cook a few minutes and add stock. Simmer approx. 15 minutes or until the potato cubes are tender. Puree the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Add cheeses and chopped pimiento. Heat the soup gently to melt the cheeses and combine flavors. Add juice from pimientos and milk or stock to thin the soup if it becomes too thick. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.

I have been cleaning up my recipes and I came across this soup today. I thought some of you might enjoy it.:chef:

Pimiento Cheese Soup
2 T oil
2 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
1 medium sweet potato
4 cups of stock or water
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3 ounce package of cream cheese
4 ounce can of pimiento
Salt
Pepper

Heat oil in large saucepan and sweat chopped onion and chopped celery. Add cubed white potato and cubed sweet potato, cook a few minutes and add stock. Simmer approx. 15 minutes or until the potato cubes are tender. Puree the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Add cheeses and chopped pimiento. Heat the soup gently to melt the cheeses and combine flavors. Add juice from pimientos and milk or stock to thin the soup if it becomes too thick. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Why thank you aunt bea, this looks yummy I've c&P
kadesama:LOL:

I've had pimento cheese once...a pre-made one from the store and it was horrible.

Convince me it is good...:ermm:

There really is no comparison. I hated the store bought stuff and making it fresh is so so much better. All I can say is give it a try. You will be convinced afterwards.

Pimento Cheese...Yum!

Z: Where have you been all my life? The mention of both pimento cheese and cream of celery soup in one post is just too much....Two of my favorite things!! I have found a kindred spirit!!:ROFLMAO:

I started buying those little jars of cheese you find in the fridge section because the jars were just the right size glasses for little hands when empty. One time I bought the pimento and ate the whole jar. I told myself it was because I needed the glass for setting the supper table. (Shhh! I lied!) I love chesse. Any cheese. Good or bad. That pimento cheese tasted really good that day. But this recipe sounds even better.

I had an assistant once that ate peanut butter and pimento cheese sandwiches! Not sure if I could handle that.

I didn't realize what a big deal pimento cheese was until I moved to the south, all we had up north was the tiny jars made by Kraft.

I started buying those little jars of cheese you find in the fridge section because the jars were just the right size glasses for little hands when empty. One time I bought the pimento and ate the whole jar. I told myself it was because I needed the glass for setting the supper table. (Shhh! I lied!) I love chesse. Any cheese. Good or bad. That pimento cheese tasted really good that day. But this recipe sounds even better.

I remember those little jars. I loved the stuff. I've bought some in tubs in the dairy case. It's not the same and isn't very good.

I love the versatility of making it myself. So many cheeses to choose and mix. I like it that I can cook with the prepared pimento cheese. It really does make a killer cheese sauce when mixed and heated with a cream of something soup.

I thought that pimento cheese was more of a spread, at least that is what I've seen here.

It is. It is made with cream cheese. But this is a house brand. We can buy it by the tubful also. It is more to the real stuff. But the slice kind is great for school lunches. :chef:

Last night I was looking at the Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook and came across a recipe for pimento cheese bread. It was a yeast bread with shredded cheese and chopped pimento worked into the dough. I was thinking it might be nice as a small roll like a cinnamon bun with the cheese and pimento as the filling. Next time I mix up a batch of white bread I am going to "snitch" some dough and experiment. Sort of like Rocklobster's pizza rolls.

The traditional pimento cheese also makes a killer macaroni salad if you thin the cheese spread with some milk.

I better put a can of Goya pimento on the shopping list!

this thread inspired me to create something 'like' pimento cheese.

I took my cheese spread (shredded colby and cheddar, cream cheese, garlic and salt) and added and equal part of some pan fried chopped onions and multi-colored peppers (red, green, yellow). It was delicious on wheat bread with a thin slice of smoked ham. Thanks for the inspiration.

I've never seen it or eaten it. Does anyone have a picture?

Here 'tis:

Pimento Cheese.jpg

Simplest recipe: shredded cheddar, diced pimentos, mayo.

I like your combo, Blissful. I'll have to try that after making Bolas' onion base in my new crockpot,

Last edited:
My grandmother use to make pimento cheese spread all of the time. She would grind up ends of orange cheese blocks (colby, cheddar, even American cheese.) She would sometimes add it a bit of other cheese such as a little provolone. Then she would grind a jar of pimento. Add a bit of miracle whip, and then would add a tablespoon or two of softened cream cheese.

She did not grate the cheeses. She would put them through a grinder that she kept just for making her pimento cheese spread.

It was so good on white bread with tomato slices. Such good memories.

I love pimento cheese spread on a toasted English muffin. I like to make it with softened cream cheese, too. Parm adds a nice "bite" as does a little Asiago.

Back
Top Bottom