"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I was inspired by powerplantop's pimento cheeseburger yesterday and decided to have one for breakfast.

I made this pimento cheese with about 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz. softened cream cheese, and a couple of heaping tablespoons of grated parm, and bound with some mayo.

I made my burger and placed it on top of some pimento cheese, then topped with some more and nuked it for a minute to get the cheese all melty. No bun. All yum.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #42
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I was inspired by powerplantop's pimento cheeseburger yesterday and decided to have one for breakfast.

I made this pimento cheese with about 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz. softened cream cheese, and a couple of heaping tablespoons of grated parm, and bound with some mayo.

I made my burger and placed it on top of some pimento cheese, then topped with some more and nuked it for a minute to get the cheese all melty. No bun. All yum.
Wheres the pimento? LOL

Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
Master Chef

I have been cleaning up my recipes and I came across this soup today. I thought some of you might enjoy it.

Pimiento Cheese Soup
2 T oil
2 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
1 medium sweet potato
4 cups of stock or water
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3 ounce package of cream cheese
4 ounce can of pimiento
Salt
Pepper

Heat oil in large saucepan and sweat chopped onion and chopped celery. Add cubed white potato and cubed sweet potato, cook a few minutes and add stock. Simmer approx. 15 minutes or until the potato cubes are tender. Puree the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Add cheeses and chopped pimiento. Heat the soup gently to melt the cheeses and combine flavors. Add juice from pimientos and milk or stock to thin the soup if it becomes too thick. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I have been cleaning up my recipes and I came across this soup today. I thought some of you might enjoy it.

Pimiento Cheese Soup
2 T oil
2 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 medium potato
1 medium sweet potato
4 cups of stock or water
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3 ounce package of cream cheese
4 ounce can of pimiento
Salt
Pepper

Heat oil in large saucepan and sweat chopped onion and chopped celery. Add cubed white potato and cubed sweet potato, cook a few minutes and add stock. Simmer approx. 15 minutes or until the potato cubes are tender. Puree the soup in a blender and return to the pan. Add cheeses and chopped pimiento. Heat the soup gently to melt the cheeses and combine flavors. Add juice from pimientos and milk or stock to thin the soup if it becomes too thick. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Why thank you aunt bea, this looks yummy I've c&P
kadesama
Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #45
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've had pimento cheese once...a pre-made one from the store and it was horrible.

Convince me it is good...

There really is no comparison. I hated the store bought stuff and making it fresh is so so much better. All I can say is give it a try. You will be convinced afterwards.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #46
Cook

Pimento Cheese...Yum!

Z: Where have you been all my life? The mention of both pimento cheese and cream of celery soup in one post is just too much....Two of my favorite things!! I have found a kindred spirit!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl49 View Post
Z: Where have you been all my life? The mention of both pimento cheese and cream of celery soup in one post is just too much....Two of my favorite things!! I have found a kindred spirit!!
Thank you!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire

I started buying those little jars of cheese you find in the fridge section because the jars were just the right size glasses for little hands when empty. One time I bought the pimento and ate the whole jar. I told myself it was because I needed the glass for setting the supper table. (Shhh! I lied!) I love chesse. Any cheese. Good or bad. That pimento cheese tasted really good that day. But this recipe sounds even better.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I had an assistant once that ate peanut butter and pimento cheese sandwiches! Not sure if I could handle that.

I didn't realize what a big deal pimento cheese was until I moved to the south, all we had up north was the tiny jars made by Kraft.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I didn't realize what a big deal pimento cheese was until I moved to the south, all we had up north was the tiny jars made by Kraft.
We can buy it sliced at the deli counter.Or in chunks.

Tags
cheese