Quark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AlisonC, I thought about Whole Foods but they aren't really close to me and I don't want to make a long drive to go there just for this.

Taxlady, today, I saw organic sour cream that said it had the live active cultures so I know where I can get they nearby if I decide to go that way. Do you also add rennet? Cara said that you need rennet to make it but I saw recipes that didn't call for it, but they might have been recipes that use the cultures that you buy separate and those cultures have the rennet already in it. I am learning more and more about it from this thread and it seems to be all coming together. I will be ready to try this once I use up all my yogurt cheese that I have on hand. I never buy ultra pasturized milk so I won't be making that mistake. LOL

My husband thinks I'm crazy. As soon as he sees this stuff start to curdle he's going to tell me to throw it out.
No, I don't use any rennet. The only thing I use to curdle the milk for quark is the culture in the sour cream. The only time it didn't work was when I used organic milk, and I found out that it is ultra-high pasteurized. Regular pasteurized milk is fine.

I'm sorry. I did see it and read the whole thread. I have now saved it to my recipe file and will have it handy when I'm ready to do this.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom