Savory Cheesecake Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wyogal

Head Chef
Inspired by the "Hello from Montana" thread, i thought i'd start one for savory cheesecake ideas.
Included on that thread are chili cheesecake, and a closely related chipotle cheesecake.
Also:
Bleu cheese w/ walnut crust
sun-dried tomatoes, pine nut-based crust, with pesto sauce
Lemon, roasted garlic, asparagus

Thanks to PrincessFiona60!!!

What are some other ideas?

(use a regular cheesecake recipe, leave out the sugar, go from there!)

Smoked Salmon Cheesecake.
Serve as appetizer with crackers or cocktail breads.

my aunt used to make a caviar cheesecake. everyone loved and raved about it. i like unmolested (sweet) cheesecake!! LOL

well i do molest it a little bit ..................... with cherry topping!!
img_836423_0_88f322a6c3419fe949aca996efd8de8c.gif

I once made sun dried tomato and black olive mini cheesecakes with old cheddar and cream cheese. They were a hit at the event, an appetizer luncheon.

Certainly sounds good in a different way LPB. I am too use to the beaten path. A change in flavor factors are on my horizon.

Thanks!

Bob

I once made sun dried tomato and black olive mini cheesecakes with old cheddar and cream cheese. They were a hit at the event, an appetizer luncheon.
old cheddar? does it belong to AARP?

Savory Cheesecakes!

Fantastic Wyogal! I'm getting all kinds of ideas. While I love regular cheesecake, I'm not much of a sweets eater. Although I do like making sweets and desserts, I just don't eat them.

<busy writing down all the ideas>:rolleyes: Thanks everyone!

Inspired by the "Hello from Montana" thread, i thought i'd start one for savory cheesecake ideas.
Included on that thread are chili cheesecake, and a closely related chipotle cheesecake.
Also:
Bleu cheese w/ walnut crust
sun-dried tomatoes, pine nut-based crust, with pesto sauce
Lemon, roasted garlic, asparagus

Thanks to PrincessFiona60!!!

What are some other ideas?

(use a regular cheesecake recipe, leave out the sugar, go from there!)

Not sure what you mean by that but here we have strong/old/aged cheddar - it is the same as sharp cheddar.
oh ok we have sharp, extra sharp and extra extra sharp and cabot brand has one called seriously sharp

Seriously sharp? Why do I not have stores with those type items in them :-(

At least I can stay up late, and be entertained by the sweet peeps on line :)

Bob

Have to get some of that seriously cheddar from Cabot. I love their sharp cheddar, so does my spoiled cat.

Back
Top Bottom