"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 09-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

My DH also just cracks the eggs into the pan and stirs them (with a big spatula). We each prefer our own way so we alternate on who makes the scrambled eggs in our family!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
Master Chef

Completely scrambled white & yellow (no white slimy spots just yellow) in bowl with milk or water, s & P. butter in pan melted, add to pan and use whisk on high heat till begins to set. Lower heat and whisk till 1/2 ONLY cooked. Turn heat off and keep stirring till just set, keep moving eggs till you get to the plate and serve. FULLY COOKED IN PAN = OVERCOOKED on plate. Soft and fluffy NO BROWN!!

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Medium hot pan...
Plenty of butter....
Slip two in the pan and scramble furiously....
When you think they're not quite done...plate them quickly.
At the table they will be...
Milk??? Save it for da cat........

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

Adding milk makes fluffier eggs. Adding water makes more tender eggs.

I add a splash of dairy and beat the eggs with a fork. Pour into a medium hot pan and stir with a fork or spat until almost done. They'll finish cooking on the plate.

If you get water on the plate, you've cooked the eggs too long.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Completely scrambled white & yellow (no white slimy spots just yellow) in bowl with milk or water, s & P. butter in pan melted, add to pan and use whisk on high heat till begins to set. Lower heat and whisk till 1/2 ONLY cooked. Turn heat off and keep stirring till just set, keep moving eggs till you get to the plate and serve. FULLY COOKED IN PAN = OVERCOOKED on plate. Soft and fluffy NO BROWN!!
This is the closest I have seen to how I make mine. I usually cook them over medium-high, then turn it down if needed. I hate having any brown on my scrambled eggs. Like MSM, I want mine soft, fluffy, and yellow--no brown. As soon as I put them in the pan I move them gently around to make sure they cook evenly.

Barbara
Old 09-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I like mine soft scrambled. I mix the eggs well in a bowl first then pour into a hot pan that is coated with non stick spray. On medium heat I stir constantly with a silicone spatula. I like large to medium clumps of egg not small scrambled bits. That is the closest way I can explain it. I used to add a splash of milk to the eggs but no longer do that and really don't notice any difference.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #17
Head Chef

I just had scrambled eggs with mushrooms for dinner, and I cooked them quickly. But I love breakfast buffets where the eggs are so moist and fluffy--I don't know if it is because they cook so many, or because they cook them low and slow, maybe over boiling water?

When I make scrambled eggs at home, I want them now--I am making them because I am too tired or too hungry to cook.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
I do mine similar to PrincessFiona60, but without the sour cream (I'll have to try that!).
You'll love the flavor!!!

For a sweet treat, whisk with a tablespoon of orange juice per egg, cook plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. I use this for my french toast, but it's great scrambled, too!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #19
Half Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowgrass View Post
I just had scrambled eggs with mushrooms for dinner, and I cooked them quickly. But I love breakfast buffets where the eggs are so moist and fluffy--I don't know if it is because they cook so many, or because they cook them low and slow, maybe over boiling water?

When I make scrambled eggs at home, I want them now--I am making them because I am too tired or too hungry to cook.
Most breakfast buffet eggs are from a powder mix.They still taste good.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

I get used to cook it in a double boiler. It's quite slow but it's always "safe".

your method is similar to Gordan Ramsay's method. He's famous to stir the egg like a crazy man but it looks pretty good.
Scrambled egg : Recipes and Tips - wikiMama

Tags
None