Scrambled eggs - slow and low or high and fast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two eggs and a splash of milk go into a bowl along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Everything is whisked until everything is homogenized. Butter goes into a medium hot cast iron pan followed by the egg. I let it cook without touching it until it just starts to set. I then fold everything to the middle and let cook just a bit longer. When the egg starts to hold together, I chop it into chunks and stir-fry until everything is cooked through. The eggs are very fluffy. My wife likes her scrambled eggs dry. I cook them until they are just starting to take on a golden color. I like mine very moist, but not gushy. I take them out of the pan sooner. If I'm feeling decadent, I throw on some Velveeta and sharp cheddar cheese, cover, and let it all melt over the eggs. Put it on a whole wheat English Muffin. Oh yeh!:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I fixed some this morning.
Wisked 3 eggs with a splash (1/8 cup) of milk.
Poured into a medium hot buttered skillet.
Let set until the underside was done.
Used a spatula to flip large pieces.
Watched the eggs grow big and fluffy.
Waited until the interior was dry all of the way through (no more steam).
Plated and served with salt and pepper only.
Total time was about 8 minutes.
It tasted great!

i often take that latter way of making them; that being, gently & using a spatula!
my Parents' 1977 cookbook says get them plated as soon as they seem slighty firm yet glossy; i abided by that & learned that a scrambled egg, that is a great food!

i use absurd amounts of butter in my pan, too, cast-iron or a copper-coat, from way when ago when people made cookware properly, a cladware pan

Last edited:
Kim makes great scrambled eggs! He uses about medium heat, depending on how they are cooking. He doesn't add milk or water, but he does add a dollup or two of sour cream, and does not overcook them.

Slowish on a medium heat for me - lightly mix eggs with splash of milk and black pepper, as they're just about done I mix in a dollop of creme fraiche and some chopped chives and serve on a slice of crusty rustic loaf toasted - yum!

A while ago we had a discussion here baut scrambled eggs, and if I remember corectly it was agreed that milk makes eggs harder and water makes eggs fluffier.

Personaly I like to cook my scrambled eggs slowly. I whip them in a bowl, poor into a hot pan, tun the heat down to about medium and cook, peeling the cooked egg of the wals of the pan and folding inside.

I don't think it is true either. A lot of places use fresh eggs, but probaly just as many use liquid eggs, the ones from carton.

I don't think it is true either. A lot of places use fresh eggs, but probaly just as many use liquid eggs, the ones from carton.
I can remember having my prep cook cracking eggs into big buckets for the morning. Man, we'd go through cases. We used liquid eggs a lot for egg white scrambles or omelets.

I like to beat the eggs with no additives and cook them on medium heat. I'm usually buttering toast so I don't want it to cook too fast. Medium heat seems to be just about right. By the time the toast is buttered the eggs are within a minute of being ready.

I watch my salt so I usually have sausage that I cut up and mix with the eggs after they are done. There is enough salt in the sausage to season the eggs.

Sometimes I like to slip a slice of cheese into the egg mixture right after pouring into the pan for the creamy taste.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom