Simple fruit yogurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We used to buy Yoplait with fruit. Not anymore. I'd frozen a bunch of whole peaches, dug them out and made a sauce of them. Stirred some of the sauce into Greek yogurt, and it was outstanding! Ran out of peach sauce, so I stirred some Smuckers plain strawberry preserves into more Greek yogurt, and it was also fantastic! No more store-bought pre-fruited yogurt for us, this is just too good.

Sometimes simpler is better!

Last edited:
That sounds like a good idea. I've always hated yogurt. But I've recently started trying to eat it since I'm trying to lose weight definitely will try doing this instead of paying extra for the yoplait yogurt.

Thanks, Jessica. It tastes like a decadent dessert! Just make sure you use Greek yogurt, we had Oikos.

Last edited:
Oh yeah .. it's much better than already put in that you get in the store. And doubly so when fruits are fresh in season .. yummy stuff !

I made the peach sauce with agave nectar. I agree, the sweetened fruit tastes so good when mixed in! I like that if I don't have any fresh fruit, jam works great, and you don't need a whole lot of it. And I can't wait for berry season! :yum:

Last edited:
I made the peach sauce with agave nectar. I agree, the sweetened fruit tastes so good when mixed in! I like that if I don't have any fresh fruit, jam works great, and you don't need a whole lot of it. And I can't wait for berry season! :yum:

I've been hitting everything with strawberries.:pig:

I've been hitting everything with strawberries.:pig:

Oh no! Hope they don't file an assault report! I can just see the headlines: Crazy Montana Nurse Pelts Elderly Patients with Seasonal Fruit. News at 10.

(ducks and runs)

Oh no! Hope they don't file an assault report! I can just see the headlines: Crazy Montana Nurse Pelts Elderly Patients with Seasonal Fruit. News at 10.

(ducks and runs)

It does wear me out, my throwing arm needs a rest!:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if apple butter or melon preserves wouldn't be good stirred into the yogurt. Hmm. Ooh, and pineapple!

Last edited:
I only buy plain yogurt and add honey with chopped nuts or seeds, stir in some lemon curd, apple sauce or chopped canned peaches, guavas, apricots or fresh fruit puree :)

I wish I liked berries. I can do strawberries a few times a year but you will never see me eat blueberries or raspberries.

Now, when it comes to apples, peaches, honey dew, cantaloupe & bananas then I'm a happy camper.

Is it cheaper to buy plain Greek yogurt verses the 'all ready added fruit' kind?

I wish I liked berries. I can do strawberries a few times a year but you will never see me eat blueberries or raspberries.

Now, when it comes to apples, peaches, honey dew, cantaloupe & bananas then I'm a happy camper.

Is it cheaper to buy plain Greek yogurt verses the 'all ready added fruit' kind?

No, however you can control the amount of sugar and fruit going into your yogurt. I get the honeyed greek yogurt, which is just the right sweetness for me and then add fruit.

I like the vanilla flavored stuff on occasion but I eat a banana with it. I'll have to try the honey one and add some apple sauce or something to it until I can figure out how to make it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom