"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 04-12-2015, 03:37 PM   #21
Master Chef

I thought so, just from the quality of your beautiful pictures Joey.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
A full cooked breakfast is seen more as a treat , a leisurely breakfast when you have more time , at the weekend maybe . I very rarely eat a cooked breakfast it's a bit much for me . I don't think many people would have the time during the week, plus it's very heavy so not something to be eaten every day.

That looks excellent S&P. Have you ever heard of 'Good Woman's Eggs'?

I do concur with GQ, however I would like to give this a try on my next day off.

I wouldn't normally have a lot for brekkie, I sometimes skip it altogether.

A bowl of cereal, jam on toast, boiled egg with soldiers is usually my limit.

However when Mrs Wyshiepoo and I are staying in a British hotel it is cooked brekkie time. Hash browns, egg, baked beans, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomato.
Sounds a lot, but we pack a lot into our holidays, no lounging on a beach for us and we won't eat again till the evening.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's a droolable couple of ideas. Great pix, S&P! It's a good thing I had my drool rag handy!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #24
Master Chef

That looks fabulous, Joey. Both the stuffed potato and the stuffed tomato. I could go for either one any time of the day....breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever.... Thank you for sharing and giving me some good ideas.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Great, yummy tasting ideas and good looking pix, S&P.

This is one of the breakfast choices at my favourite breakfast resto, Eggsquis (we call it egg squish ).

GQ, those are home fries. They could be in cubes. It's just fried, previously cooked potatoes.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Excuse me. I will be right back. I have to go get the Windex and wipe the licking marks and streaks from my monitor. Yum!!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #27
Master Chef

That potato is a work of art!

I'm dreaming of one with leftover steak and mushrooms!

I think that would make a nice brunch offering for a crowd. The potato shells and fillings could be made ahead. Just fill the shell with any quiche mixture and pop them into the oven.

I wonder how a red bell pepper would work instead of a potato.

So many delicious things to think about!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 AM   #28
Head Chef

Taxy , great photo thank you , I thought home fries were chips , but they are what we would probably refer to as sautéed potatoes . And there's that fruit combo thing again aargh :-) . Each to their own it all looks good .
Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Taxy , great photo thank you , I thought home fries were chips , but they are what we would probably refer to as sautéed potatoes . And there's that fruit combo thing again aargh :-) . Each to their own it all looks good .
Do you ever have a glass of juice with your breakfast? Like orange or tomato? It is a common habit here in the States to have a complete breakfast. Protein, Carbs, and Fruit to start your day.

With my first husband, he always worked the second shift. So when he woke up around 11 a.m. I had a full breakfast ready for him to start his day. Eggs and bacon (protein) two pieces of toast (carb) and a tall glass of juice or a piece of fruit. I also use to try to do the same for my kids when they started school. But some mornings it was just a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice or a piece of fruit. Fruit in some form is part of the American breakfast.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:23 AM   #30
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Do you ever have a glass of juice with your breakfast? Like orange or tomato? It is a common habit here in the States to have a complete breakfast. Protein, Carbs, and Fruit to start your day.

With my first husband, he always worked the second shift. So when he woke up around 11 a.m. I had a full breakfast ready for him to start his day. Eggs and bacon (protein) two pieces of toast (carb) and a tall glass of juice or a piece of fruit. I also use to try to do the same for my kids when they started school. But some mornings it was just a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice or a piece of fruit. Fruit in some form is part of the American breakfast.

When I'm home, not so much. Occasionally a glass of orange juice.

When I'm away I will always have a glass or two of orange juice and sprinkle some dried fruit on my cereal.

I think red wine counts as fruit, it has grapes in it.

Tags
egg, recipe

Tater & egg etc. From start to finish. A left over baked potato. Bacon, ham , onion, jalapeno pepper, cheese, S&P. 1, hollowed out baked potato.[IMG]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/Joe_Grisafe/egg%20001_zpswax5isem.jpg[/IMG] 2, Blanch bacon, cut / chop remaining ingredients. [IMG]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/Joe_Grisafe/egg%20003_zpsbxhcrvta.jpg[/IMG] 3, load potato and bake @ 325 till egg is set. [IMG]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/Joe_Grisafe/egg%20005_zpsr5bdmyps.jpg[/IMG] 4, enjoy [IMG]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh628/Joe_Grisafe/egg%20006_zpsk7jloh7e.jpg[/IMG] 3 stars 1 reviews