Tater & egg etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
From start to finish. A left over baked potato. Bacon, ham , onion, jalapeno pepper, cheese, S&P.

1, hollowed out baked potato.
img_1417487_0_cc0053dbb07db425f34b74266dbe435c.jpg

2, Blanch bacon, cut / chop remaining ingredients.
img_1417487_1_570c657167b6d2f2a84fb7b6a1b2ff24.jpg

3, load potato and bake @ 325 till egg is set.
img_1417487_2_ccf7bc71acd1d8d1ed527ca6ec155b00.jpg

4, enjoy
img_1417487_3_a1f36b91dee4a0cceb156a2a157185bf.jpg

I don't eat baked potatoes for breakfast . I wouldn't add strawberries to a potato dish as personally I don't get the combination.

I know your across the pond, but do you eat home fries or hash browns for breakfast? Here in America potatoes are served with breakfast most of the time. Restaurants that serve potatoes for breakfast use baked potatoes that were made the day before to make home fries and such. A fruit cut is not out out the norm for breakfast either.
Any way, if it makes you feel better. I did not eat the strawberry's. LOL

No I don't eat hash browns for breakfast and I don't know what home fries are . If you mean chips , then I wouldn't eat chips for breakfast . not to be confused with crisps which I wouldn't eat for breakfast either . :)

So in general no I don't eat potatoes with or without fruit for breakfast . Hash browns sometimes are available say in a cafe or hotel as part of a cooked breakfast , but never a baked potato .

I like fruit with muesli or cereal for breakfast .:yum:

Tater & egg etc.

What a beautiful dish, S&P! :yum: I'd love that for breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner.

Last edited:
As I remember, a typical full breakfast in the UK includes beans, mushrooms and tomatoes, all are not usual for breakfast in the USA. It was interesting, but not something I would prepare. I enjoyed it all, but I'll never again eat the blood sausage.

A full cooked breakfast is seen more as a treat , a leisurely breakfast when you have more time , at the weekend maybe . I very rarely eat a cooked breakfast it's a bit much for me . I don't think many people would have the time during the week, plus it's very heavy so not something to be eaten every day.

Looks wonderful Joey, I saw the same treatment only with an avocado half. I want to try both for breakfast, lunch or dinner. As for the strawberry, looked good and good enough to eat.

A full cooked breakfast is seen more as a treat , a leisurely breakfast when you have more time , at the weekend maybe . I very rarely eat a cooked breakfast it's a bit much for me . I don't think many people would have the time during the week, plus it's very heavy so not something to be eaten every day.

Yes, I understand GQ. I'd guess most people here also eat a light daily breakfast. My point is that when we eat a big breakfast here, it usually contains potatoes of some kind, not beans.

Same type of thing then Kayelle just different ingredients :) I would have to lie down for a week after a big breakfast (wuss) .

Lovely pics S and P .

From start to finish. A left over baked potato. Bacon, ham , onion, jalapeno pepper, cheese, S&P.

1, hollowed out baked potato.
img_1417517_0_cc0053dbb07db425f34b74266dbe435c.jpg

2, Blanch bacon, cut / chop remaining ingredients.
img_1417517_1_570c657167b6d2f2a84fb7b6a1b2ff24.jpg

3, load potato and bake @ 325 till egg is set.
img_1417517_2_ccf7bc71acd1d8d1ed527ca6ec155b00.jpg

4, enjoy
img_1417517_3_a1f36b91dee4a0cceb156a2a157185bf.jpg

Great idea Joey.Thank you.
I like that it's quick,simple.My husbands going to love that. He'd call that a Man's breakfast.Knowing him he'd eat the strawberries to.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom