Tater & egg etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A full cooked breakfast is seen more as a treat , a leisurely breakfast when you have more time , at the weekend maybe . I very rarely eat a cooked breakfast it's a bit much for me . I don't think many people would have the time during the week, plus it's very heavy so not something to be eaten every day.

That looks excellent S&P. Have you ever heard of 'Good Woman's Eggs'?

I do concur with GQ, however I would like to give this a try on my next day off.

I wouldn't normally have a lot for brekkie, I sometimes skip it altogether.

A bowl of cereal, jam on toast, boiled egg with soldiers is usually my limit.

However when Mrs Wyshiepoo and I are staying in a British hotel it is cooked brekkie time. Hash browns, egg, baked beans, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomato.
Sounds a lot, but we pack a lot into our holidays, no lounging on a beach for us and we won't eat again till the evening.

It's a droolable couple of ideas. Great pix, S&P! It's a good thing I had my drool rag handy!

That looks fabulous, Joey. Both the stuffed potato and the stuffed tomato. I could go for either one any time of the day....breakfast, lunch, dinner, whenever.... :yum: Thank you for sharing and giving me some good ideas.

Great, yummy tasting ideas and good looking pix, S&P.

This is one of the breakfast choices at my favourite breakfast resto, Eggsquis (we call it egg squish :LOL:).

IMG_3192.jpg

GQ, those are home fries. They could be in cubes. It's just fried, previously cooked potatoes.

Excuse me. I will be right back. I have to go get the Windex and wipe the licking marks and streaks from my monitor. Yum!! :angel:

That potato is a work of art!

I'm dreaming of one with leftover steak and mushrooms! :yum:

I think that would make a nice brunch offering for a crowd. The potato shells and fillings could be made ahead. Just fill the shell with any quiche mixture and pop them into the oven.

I wonder how a red bell pepper would work instead of a potato.

So many delicious things to think about! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Taxy , great photo thank you , I thought home fries were chips , but they are what we would probably refer to as sautéed potatoes . And there's that fruit combo thing again aargh :) . Each to their own it all looks good .

Taxy , great photo thank you , I thought home fries were chips , but they are what we would probably refer to as sautéed potatoes . And there's that fruit combo thing again aargh :) . Each to their own it all looks good .

Do you ever have a glass of juice with your breakfast? Like orange or tomato? It is a common habit here in the States to have a complete breakfast. Protein, Carbs, and Fruit to start your day.

With my first husband, he always worked the second shift. So when he woke up around 11 a.m. I had a full breakfast ready for him to start his day. Eggs and bacon (protein) two pieces of toast (carb) and a tall glass of juice or a piece of fruit. I also use to try to do the same for my kids when they started school. But some mornings it was just a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice or a piece of fruit. Fruit in some form is part of the American breakfast. :angel:

Last edited:
Do you ever have a glass of juice with your breakfast? Like orange or tomato? It is a common habit here in the States to have a complete breakfast. Protein, Carbs, and Fruit to start your day.

With my first husband, he always worked the second shift. So when he woke up around 11 a.m. I had a full breakfast ready for him to start his day. Eggs and bacon (protein) two pieces of toast (carb) and a tall glass of juice or a piece of fruit. I also use to try to do the same for my kids when they started school. But some mornings it was just a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice or a piece of fruit. Fruit in some form is part of the American breakfast. :angel:

When I'm home, not so much. Occasionally a glass of orange juice.

When I'm away I will always have a glass or two of orange juice and sprinkle some dried fruit on my cereal.

I think red wine counts as fruit, it has grapes in it.

I think the fruit for breakfast idea originated in England and came to America in the form of apple and mince pie. It took a few years to get started because they had to bring the initial stock from England and wait several years until the trees were big enough to bear fruit. In any case it is a tasty tradition! :yum:

Not my photo. I found it on the by Googling.

I think the fruit for breakfast idea originated in England and came to America in the form of apple and mince pie. It took a few years to get started because they had to bring the initial stock from England and wait several years until the trees were big enough to bear fruit. In any case it is a tasty tradition! :yum:

Wasn't it Johnny Appleseed who started that? Can't remember his real name.

Wasn't it Johnny Appleseed who started that? Can't remember his real name.

John Chapman, Johnny Appleseed, did not start planting apple orchards on the frontier until about 1792. The English settlement of Jamestown, founded 1607, was where apple growing in America began. The small sour apples were used primarily to make hard cider. Who wouldn't need a drink, to live under those primitive conditions half a world away from home! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

John Chapman, Johnny Appleseed, did not start planting apple orchards on the frontier until about 1792. The English settlement of Jamestown, founded 1607, was where apple growing in America began. The small sour apples were used primarily to make hard cider. Who wouldn't need a drink, to live under those primitive conditions half a world away from home! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Unfortunately Jamestown was a bust. When the ship returned a year later with fresh supplies everyone had disappeared. They never found out what happened to them. But the tree grew. :angel:

I don't have fruit juice with breakfast I simply must have a cup of tea .

I like fresh fruit mixed with some gluten free cereal , gf muesli or greek yogurt .

Roanoke was the lost colony, all they found were a few bones and the word CROATOAN carved on a tree.

Jamestown almost went under. A supply ship arrived just in time and the settlement continued for another 100 years or so.

Mystery at Roanoke Video - Jamestown Colony - HISTORY.com

I'm not sure if they had taters and eggs etc... :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

M boo boo. If the settlers on Roanoke Island had taters and eggs, they would have succeeded. :angel:

...It is a common habit here in the States to have a complete breakfast. Protein, Carbs, and Fruit to start your day...
Addie, that's not "common" anymore. Most people I know consider that a special Saturday/Sunday brunch thing every once in a while. Most people just grab a cup o' Joe or tea, something they can hold in the other hand, and go. Even though I'm home for breakfast every day, I'm completely satisfied with a bowl of oatmeal with dried fruit and nuts, or a tub of Green yogurt with fresh berries. Those full breakfasts have gone the way of the 10 cent cup of coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom