The Perfect Omelet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeganlovesthepie

Assistant Cook
:chef:i would like to start with the perfect omellette made with 2 eggs not 3. I also like to throw in some peppers and a dod of mustard. I feel this really brings out the flavours in a colloquial sense. It should b left to fry for a few minutes so it is able to score highly on a scale of excellence.:chef:

Mustard is an interesting idea ... We make omelettes for our local Lions club twice a year for their pancake breakfasts. 2,000+ made so far and 8 choices for fillings - I think I've seen every possible combination! Needless to say, we don't eat them much at home but this is an idea to remember for when we do. Thanks for sharing!

combinations of omellette

:chef: Thanks for the reply I was wondering if you could possibly share the other combinations of omellette with me as I am helping out at the old folks home this weekend and wondering if I could give them something special to remember me by.:chef:

my roommate and I are trying to get rid of a 25lb bag of rice before we move out... so (being asian) i decided to try fried rice with ham and put that in an omlete with some cheese. Makes a reallly hefty and delicious breakfast :)

Try chopped onion, chopped green chili and chopped coriander leaves mixed with the beaten egg.

It will be an Indian omlete.

I make a blonde omlette with spicy sausage and a"ratatouille" of savory veggies softened by cooking together. I cheese the outside top once plated with grated pecorino or dollops of chevre. it's good.

I do't cook a lot of omlets. When I do it's usually ham, sausage, andouille, trinty vegetables, hot sauces etc. Or some combination thereof. I normally don't know. No two are the same.

asparagus, scallion and baby shrimp inside and topped with homemade hollandaise sauce = perfection!!!

I like a Western omelette with bacon or ham and sauteed red and/or green peppers and onions. I also like an omelette with shredded cheddar cheese and a light sprinkle of crumbled dried thyme. And I like to sprinkle any omelette with kosher salt, because I like the crunch :)

:chef:i would like to start with the perfect omellette made with 2 eggs not 3. I also like to throw in some peppers and a dod of mustard. I feel this really brings out the flavours in a colloquial sense. It should b left to fry for a few minutes so it is able to score highly on a scale of excellence.:chef:
The easiest and best way to learn how to make a great omelet (imho) is to watch it being done. I would recommend you purchase Jacques Pepin's dvd on the subject. Alternatively, here is a web site that will walk you through the procedure, step by step. Not quite as good as watching it be done, but close!

try adding just a little pancake batter to the eggs.. makes it really light and fluffy..

Back
Top Bottom