"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #31
Master Chef
Living in Sault Ste. Marie, MI, I do some of my shopping, sometimes, in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. They have a cheddar cheese company named Balderson that sells Canadian Cheddar. The company sells two lines, the supermarket type-yellow colored cheddar that is very mediocre, and their Heritage line. The Balderson Heritage cheese is some of the finest cheddar I've tasted anywhere. It comes aged for 1, 2,3,4,and five years. I only buy the stuff aged from 3 years and up. The five year old cheese is well ballanced in acidity, salt, and cheddar flavor. Teh texture is dry, with a hint of salt crunchiness from crystalization within the cheese. It is truly wonderful stuff. If eaten at room temperature, it will make your jaw muscles ache, and possibly curl your toes.

I also has a freind, who has a brother, who makes cheddar in Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I don't know the brother's name. He makes that same wonderfully flavored 5-year aged cheddar. Both are white cheddars, with no color or preservatives added.

You should be able to find balderson Cheese online with a Google search. I highly recomend their product. In my humble opinion, it puts Tillamook to shame.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:22 PM   #32
Balderson! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Good call Goodweed. That is some prime stuff.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote