"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

TNT Egg and Pepper Frittata

This will serve 4 In a bowl beat or whisk everthing but the evoo that would be the 6 large eggs, add 1/4 c. slivered prosciutto, 2-3 tab. roasted red peppers chopped, 1/3 c. coarse chopped spinach, 1 tea. honey, salt and pepper, 2 Tab. fresh grated parmesan, Heat a 10 in skillet over med heat and add your 2 tab. evoo When your evoo is hot enough to make eggs sizzle add the egg mixture and reduce the heat to low and cook uncovered til fittata is set but not brown. about 15 min. the egg mix should lose that liquid appearance when set now slice your pan under the broiler about 6 in from the heat for 1-2 min. til top is golden. This makes a nice painino with some mustard or even pesto. A geen salad is good too but home fries with onion is great for breakfast. along with toast and jam.
kades

Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yummy!!! Thanks, Ma!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

In our family a frittata is a main dish for supper. I saute potaots thinly sliced, onions, red, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms and frozen peas. I use six to a dozen eggs thouroughly beaten. I put it in the 12 inch saute pan with the helper hande, (I need that extra handle) and cook on low heat on top of the stove. When it is halfway done, I then place it under the broiler to brown the top. Sometimes I will add diced ham, or some other meat. Left over steak, etc.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
In our family a frittata is a main dish for supper. I saute potaots thinly sliced, onions, red, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms and frozen peas. I use six to a dozen eggs thouroughly beaten. I put it in the 12 inch saute pan with the helper hande, (I need that extra handle) and cook on low heat on top of the stove. When it is halfway done, I then place it under the broiler to brown the top. Sometimes I will add diced ham, or some other meat. Left over steak, etc.
In this area that would be called Jumbot, a great way to use up all the musgoes.

A frittata in this area highlights only a few ingredients and does not contain potatoes or other starches.

Interesting how things vary from place to place.

No matter where you live peppers and eggs on Italian toast is a great sandwich!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A frittata can be just about anything we enjoy, leftovers are great and some good veggies as well. This one here I posted can be added to and enlarged. This is for 4 but can be made smaller. I like your idea it sounds great I just can't handle the green peppers so I usually do red or yellow instead. Thanks Addie.
kades
Old 10-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

The first time I made this when my kids were small, they let out a lot of EEEWWs. I told then it was a pizza without the crust. So they ate it a loved it. My kids were so gullible. I told them fish was white chicken. They cleaned that up also. I lied a lot to my kids when they were small. All is fair in love and raising kids/1
Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yummy!!! Thanks, Ma!
You're welcome my friend.
ma
Old 10-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I ended up with a frittata last night. Asparagus in butter till tender, poured in the egg, seasoned with fresh ground Citrus Pepper, when almost set, I sprinkled some shaved Smoked Salmon on top and shaved Parmesan over that. Under the broiler and, Bazinga! I had a fantastic dinner.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I ended up with a frittata last night. Asparagus in butter till tender, poured in the egg, seasoned with fresh ground Citrus Pepper, when almost set, I sprinkled some shaved Smoked Salmon on top and shaved Parmesan over that. Under the broiler and, Bazinga! I had a fantastic dinner.
PF that sounds so good. Thanks for sharing with me. I plan to make one for dh and I soon.
ma
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I got the inspiration after reading this thread...Thank YOU!

Tags
egg, pepper