"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Of course there is also not flipping but, gently, swishing the bacon grease over the top of the egg until it is cooked to your liking. YUM.
Yep. There's nothing like cracking an egg in a skillet that you just cooked bacon in, watching it bubble, and knowing that no part of that egg is touching the pan. Then giving the pan a gentle roll
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #42
Head Chef
 
Caslon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Inside the fridge
Posts: 1,702
Brian, the pet on the TV show Family Guy relates that he was angry because his "Moon Over Mi-Ham-ee wasn't cooked right, lol. Ham and eggs. Never heard that one before.
__________________

__________________
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #43
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Brian, the pet on the TV show Family Guy relates that he was angry because his "Moon Over Mi-Ham-ee wasn't cooked right, lol. Ham and eggs. Never heard that one before.
I think that's a menu name from Denny's.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #44
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think that's a menu name from Denny's.
YUP
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Yep. There's nothing like cracking an egg in a skillet that you just cooked bacon in, watching it bubble, and knowing that no part of that egg is touching the pan. Then giving the pan a gentle roll
It's even better when that's an egg that is so fresh, it is still warm when you hold it in your hand before you crack it!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
It's even better when that's an egg that is so fresh, it is still warm when you hold it in your hand before you crack it!
You got that right. Holding an egg fresh from the chicken is special. Sometimes I will break my rotation method and cook them straight from the nestbox.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #47
Master Chef
 
FrankZ's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 9,633
That only works when you milk the cow and then churn the butter to fry the egg in...

I only say it cause I don't get to have eggs that fresh..

And no, we aren't getting chickens.
__________________
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,705
you know, it's amazing to think that people used to actually do that often.

when did they have the time for it? in between surfing the web, watching tv, and texting.
__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
you know, it's amazing to think that people used to actually do that often.

when did they have the time for it? in between surfing the web, watching tv, and texting.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
That only works when you milk the cow and then churn the butter to fry the egg in...

I only say it cause I don't get to have eggs that fresh..

And no, we aren't getting chickens.
That's why some of us have had to resort to bacon...
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eggs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.