What is the best Aged Cheddar you've had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See, now you're just teasing me. I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, which makes it difficult to get these great cheeses.:( But I'm a resourceful guy, and know a site or two where I can get great cheese, just not the finest cheddar made. The other cheeses, including cheddars are very good though.

Another great cheese is Yancy's Fancy Bergenost cheese, and Butterkase is so creamy and good. Don't get me started on listing the great cheeses I've had. The oldest I've tasted was a 17 year old cheddar, sold in Fankenmouth Michigan. It had a ripened flavor that I didn't care for. But the 15 year old cheddar was very good. My favorite is still 5 year old Balderson Heritage. There was a sharp, creamy cheese out of Pinconing Michigan called Sharp Pinconing. It was fabulous at room temperature. One bite would curl your toes and make your jaw muscles ache as it bombarded your tongue with rich flavor. Sadly, the cheese makers who developed the cheese sold it to a larger manufacturer. Though it is still good, IMHO, it isn't as good as when I first tasted it. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a chub of longhorn Colby, or a great, aged swiss cheese. Check out this site: Dorset Drum English Farmhouse Cheddar: Buy Dorset Drum English Farmhouse Cheddar Online, Read Reviews at igourmet.com

Along with the Dorset Drum Cheddar, which is a fine cheese, they have a great selection of cheese and sausages. Good stuff.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind fo the North
I can get Yancy's when I go across the border at Ogdensburg. But, you can order it online as well. I'm waiting for TL to chime in about all the great cheeses in Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom