What kind of yogurt do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of yogurt do you like?

• Total voters

SierraCook

Master Chef
Yesterday, I went shopping and bought some yogurt at Trader Joe's. The flavor is Vanana, which is a combination of vanilla and banana. It is so good. My other favorite flavors are banana cream pie or pina colada. What kind of yogurt do you like?

Sierra, you scare me. Aside from shrimp, I think we have the same taste buds.

The only other one I love is lemon.

I used to buy all the fancy flavors like pina colada, boston cream pie, peach melba, etc, until I realized they were putting poison (high fructose corn syrup) in them. I am eating poisoned yogurt to become healthy? I think not. Now I buy the LIGHT version of the supermarket brand (LuCerne at Safeway), which is sweetened with aspertame and gives you two more ounces than the brand names for a lower price, or I buy plain yogurt and add my own unsweetened, thawed, frozen fruit to it. If I want it sweeter, I can sprinkle Splenda on it. I also make a great protein shake with egg substitue, plain yogurt, whey protein, different kinds of frozen fruits (mango/pineapple is exceptionally good with vanilla whey powder, and so is strawberry and banana with chocolate whey powder), and cranberry juice.

Last edited:
I have to eat the sugar free yogurts and I like the key lime, lemon and raspberry. Don't ask me which one I like the best because it depends on my mood. :)

i like any kind with fruit. plain is, well, too bland, and vanilla is boring, unless you add sweet coconut or granola.

i like blueberry dannon, mixed berries dannon, plain dannon, and i can't think of the other brand name that i like, (crowley, maybe?) but they have excellent pina colada yogurt.
i don't mix my dannon yogurt up;i like it unmixed. one of my cats, bean, likes it that way, too, so we always share.

Vanilla is my all time favorite! Not only y itself, but I like to add fruit to it. My favorite fruit flavored yogurts are peach & blueberry. I like the whipped yogurt too, it's just so light & fluffy. As far as the other flavored ones go, I like Cream Savers raspberry & cream & the orange cream.

buckytom said:
i like any kind with fruit. plain is, well, too bland, and vanilla is boring, unless you add sweet coconut or granola.

BT, vanilla can be boring that is why I tried the vanana. I like to add bran buds, grapenuts, or ground flaxseed to my yogurt for more flavor and crunch.

what's flax like, sierra? i've been wanting to try it; i've heard it's an excellent source of fiber. does it make you too full and bloated, though?
another thing; i love la creme. dannon makes it, right? i like peech and another flavor i can't think of. i like the size of the containers, too; they're just the right size.

Last edited:
i put in whole flax seed too, when i remember where i put the bag at the same time i'm craving yogurt. i buy it at a local bakery. since they are into multi and whole grain breads now, they've also started to sell small bags of the seeds and grains. i remember reading somewhere about it's healthy effects on your digestive system.

I like any type of citrus, but, key lime is my favorite...

kadesma:)

luvs_food said:
what's flax like, sierra? i've been wanting to try it; i've heard it's an excellent source of fiber. does it make you too full and bloated, though?
another thing; i love la creme. dannon makes it, right? i like peech and another flavor i can't think of. i like the size of the containers, too; they're just the right size.

I like la creme, too, but I have tried to cut out the yogurts that have lots of sugar. Flax is OK as long as you don't eat too much. I use mine ground because the body digests and uses ground flax much better than whole flax. It has a nutty taste.

http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/flaxpd5.htm

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/cgi-bin/page_viewer.cgi?page_id=48

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom