What to do with yogurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tzatziki:

3 Grated cucumbers
500 grams of yogurt
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. minced dill (fresh ) or dry
1 tablsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
salt and black pepper to taste
Combine all thoroughly ..

Serve with wholewheat or regular toasted Pita Bread.

Tzatziki:

3 Grated cucumbers
500 grams of yogurt
3 cloves minced garlic

If you don't squeeze the liquid out of the cucumbers, that Tzatziki is gonna be a mess.;)

Tzatziki:

3 Grated cucumbers
500 grams of yogurt
3 cloves minced garlic

I put a tablespoon of fresh dill and a teaspoon of fresh mint in mine. It's also great as a veggie dip.

My boss overbought plain yogurt. I used some instead of sour cream in a cake and that was fine. But he still has a lot, probably 16-20 pounds. I am wondering what to do with it? I am wondering if it can be made in farmers cheese? Any ideas?

You can put it in a colander lined with cheesecloth or muslin in the fridge overnight an in the morning you will have neufatchel cheese (I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong) and then use that as a substitute for cream cheese in...say a cheesecake

Marinate, marinate, marinate! Yogurt is the perfect foil for Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Indian flavors. Score skinless (and even boneless) chicken breasts deeply, then marinate in yogurt spiced with grated garlic and ginger, turmeric, garam masala, fenugreek, cardamom, lemon juice, and cayenne (if you like heat), a little neutral oil, like coconut, for two to eight hours then grill over hot coals to sear, then move to the cool part of the grill to finish. The yogurt marinade will keep the white meat moist and the flavor is sublime! I did this with Cornish game hens. Serve it sprinkled with cilantro and lemon wedges. Still have yogurt left over? (Of course you do! Sixteen POUNDS? Sweet Moses!) Make a raita to accompany the chicken, or tzaziki if you care to fuse Med and Indian. Damn, now I'm hungry!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom