"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 01-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I've always found that foil works best for me - also you can put it in a plastic container with a sugar cube - the sugar prevents mold from growing on it for a much longer time than wrapped cheese.

But - onto the question - I would take the goat cheese and parmesan and mix them together and add some diced sundried tomatoes in oil - some fresh basil leaves - and spread over a pounded out salted and peppered (on both sides) chicken breast - roll up - lift ends to make a "smile" - rub with olive oil and salt and pepper again - saute for a few minutes in an oven-proof skillet until lightly golden - flip over and do the same - finish off in a pre-heated 375° oven for about 15 - 20 minutes.

The gorgonzola just drizzle with honey and serve with some table water crackers. 8)

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #12
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
I've always found that foil works best for me - also you can put it in a plastic container with a sugar cube - the sugar prevents mold from growing on it for a much longer time than wrapped cheese.
kitchennisse, since I purchased my FoodSaver six years ago, I have not had moldy cheese, freezer burned meats, yucky vegetables (I have the containers as well). It is worth every penny I paid for it on QVC.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I've always wanted one norgeskog - I'm afraid that's the item that would be the proverbial "straw" in my kitchen - I am smack out of room!!!!

Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #14
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
I've always wanted one norgeskog - I'm afraid that's the item that would be the proverbial "straw" in my kitchen - I am smack out of room!!!!
I understand that kitchennisse. When I moved to my new apartment, I did not have as much counter or cupboard space. So my daughter now owns a breadmaker, BBQ, imported English oak game table and 4 chairs, nuker and my extra vacuum. I do of course have visitation and now I make my bread without the maker. But, I would never get rid of my foodsaver, it really is and does what they advertise.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

It would make one spectacular mac and cheese!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #16
Master Chef

I had a huge excess cheese problem this year over the holidays, and made tons of mac & cheese in various forms. I know I'm late, but all the cheeses you mentioned freeze pretty good because they're already a little grainy (which is what happens when you freeze cheese). Grating all then mixing with some Philly will make a great spread, or mix with buttermilk and mayo for a great salad dressing.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:56 AM   #17
Master Chef

GORGONZOLA-

-mix baby greens, dried cherries or cranberries, toasted almonds or walnuts, and the cheese. have with walnut oil and vinegar.

-put on a hot, cooked burger or steak; broil for a minute or 2 to melt cheese

-stuff into a tuna steak along with a chiffonade of basil; seeded, chopped tomato, and fresh black pepper. prop up with foil and broil or grill.

-have with fresh fruit (and wine if you imbibe) as a snack.

-add to a cheddar cheese sauce to enhance the flavor and have over broccoli and/or baked potatoes.

-stuff into seeded tomato halves with fresh basil and bake or broil till tomatoes are soft.

PARMESAN-

-grate into hot bowls of tomato soup

-top garlic bread with it before toasting

-use on the crouton for french onion soup

-mix finely grated parmesan with seasoned bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over casseroles.

-brush breadsticks with melted butter and sprinkle with finely grated parmesan before baking

-grate into hot, cooked angelhair pasta, heat gently over low flame with olive oil and garlic, fresh-cracked black pepper, and lots of minced garlic or garlic paste, plus a little seasalt.

-wrap slices of proscuitto around sticks of the cheese and a little piece of lightly steamed, cooled green asparagus.

:)
Old 02-12-2005, 10:13 AM   #18
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
make a hot pocket lol.

masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None