What to put in a scramble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
that would be a scramble, aka hash, etc. I usually put home fries, diced onions & peppers, diced bacon, sometimes diced ham, sometimes diced jalapeno, sometimes grated cheese, & of course always scrambled eggs & I mix it all up. I've never tried it with mushrooms or tomatoes but I guess they could be good also. (makes sense anyway) What else could I do?

I make a scrapple, which is probably different from what you're talking about:

Scrapple - All Recipes

Basically it's diced pork products (heart, liver, jowls, etc.) mixed with boiling water and cornmeal, and made into a mush cake, refrigerated over night, sliced and then fried. Served with maple syrup.

Beef can also be used, but usually with the addition of bacon, for some reason.

Fried mush is also an old country recipe only without the meat.

Scramble - scrapple, it all sounds good! :chef:

I'm Irish. IRISH!

When St. Patty's rolls around I always make twice as much as I need so I can make "St. Patty's Hash". Butter and all the ingredients of a good St, Patrick's dinner, boiled potatoes sliced thin and started first followed by rough chopped corned beef and then last the rough chopped cabbage. Top with 2 over easy eggs and toasted soda bread on the side.

img_872880_0_2280aec14e62bdfed53340ffa6a5beb2.jpg

img_872880_1_06cfcb66a618778f5681a263e460c9f3.jpg

that looks like crumbled sausage in the first pic. that's one other thing i've tried but i forgot about it. maybe i should try it again :)

that looks like crumbled sausage in the first pic. that's one other thing i've tried but i forgot about it. maybe i should try it again :)
yup. italian sweet sausage removed from casing and cooked then added red and green bell peppers, cubanel peppers, mushrooms, red onion and yellow onion.

second one has potatoes and bacon (instead of sausage), green bell and onions.

I'm Irish. IRISH!

When St. Patty's rolls around I always make twice as much as I need so I can make "St. Patty's Hash". Butter and all the ingredients of a good St, Patrick's dinner, boiled potatoes sliced thin and started first followed by rough chopped corned beef and then last the rough chopped cabbage. Top with 2 over easy eggs and toasted soda bread on the side.

That's it! I knew there was something about you that seemed familiar! My maternal Grandmother was Irish and I definitely take after her. I two make a full St. Patrick's day dinner and make a very similar "hash" the next day!

It is also where you get all that lovable blarney from :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
i'm irish. Irish!

When st. Patty's rolls around i always make twice as much as i need so i can make "st. Patty's hash". Butter and all the ingredients of a good st, patrick's dinner, boiled potatoes sliced thin and started first followed by rough chopped corned beef and then last the rough chopped cabbage. Top with 2 over easy eggs and toasted soda bread on the side.
oh yummy!!

yup. italian sweet sausage removed from casing and cooked then added red and green bell peppers, cubanel peppers, mushrooms, red onion and yellow onion.

second one has potatoes and bacon (instead of sausage), green bell and onions.

that's what i was getting at, although i almost always mix in a scrambled egg mixture. some diced ham would be good too now that i think about it.

that's what i was getting at, although i almost always mix in a scrambled egg mixture. some diced ham would be good too now that i think about it.
you said you wanted suggestions for what to go INTO scrambled eggs. these both had eggs thrown in AFTER stuff was cooked/sauted till tender. then eggs added and were cooked till soft set.

I dig all skillet hash but the St. Patty's is king in our house.

Has anyone done a italian sausage, potato, maple syrup glaze? OUTSTANDING!

Back
Top Bottom