What's in your deviled eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone for the great responses.
Katie E- I like the crab meat suggestion, will have to try that sometime.
OSis- I used your bacon idea, didn't have any chives.
Maverick- We usually have the plain ones, but tonight I wanted something different.
GotGarlic-I forgot the pickles.
Babe- that is our usual also.
jpmcgrew- I like all of your suggestions except the cavier and tobasco, DW can't have spicy things.
kitchenelf- I agree with the usual stuff at gatherings, if I took anything different they would throw rocks at me. LOL
bigjimbray- I agree, just about everyone likes deviled eggs.
pdswife- I like the bacon, didn't have any green onions.
sattie- have to leave the spicy things out, I will add them later for me.
miniman-I like onions DW doesn't. RE
buckytom-I love franks, but...........have to fix things without a lot of spice.
Loprraine- I have never had
wasabi mayo, is that spicy?
Chef Mark- again the spicy thing for DW.
Robo410- I like the smoked salmon idea, that's something we could try in the future.
bethzaring- I like horseradish, DW doesn't.
RPMcMurphy- nice spread!
middie- Celery salt would have been nice, just didn't think of that.

This is what I ended up adding to mine last night. Mustard, mayo, bacon pieces, cheddar cheese and sour cream, then sprinkled paprika on top. They were a hit, but not a replacement for the plain ol' boring usual way.

Again thanks so much for input from all of you. JD

:)Beachcomber, don't give up on the tabasco just yet a few drops wont make it spicy but will help bring out the flavor

olives, mustard, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper
OR
mashed tuna flakes, oil, lemon juice, black pepper

Pickle relish! I beat the daylights out of the yolk/mayo/mustard/ketchup and s&p mix with my Braun handmixer, then add pickle relish. Durkee's sauce is good, and I can see where the other stuff mentioned above would be fun too!

Cedar board smoked salmon, fresh dill and a bit of grated cucumber. Watch the wetness factor with the dressing elements with this one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom