What's your favorite recipe that used gorgonzola cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want a salad meal, you can grill some steak, slice it thinly, then add to salad. Salad is baby spinach. Dressing is fry some bacon, remove bacon after it is crisp and break up. Lightly sauté some thin sliced red onion, add some thinly sliced mushrooms if you want, then add S and P and balsamic vinegar to taste, dress spinach while dressing is still hot to slightly wilt spinach. You can also add some steamed new potatoes (halved or quartered depending on size). Top with crumbled gorgonzola and bacon bits.

You could also just leave out the steak and it will still be a nice salad meal with just the bacon. Occasionally, I'll whisk in a little Dijon mustard as well when mixing up the dressing.

Oh, just thought of another one. It's a pizza. You basically make a fig jam with fresh figs and dot the pizza with it. Cheeses are parm, fontina, moz and gorgonzola, then last couple of minutes of cooking time drape some thin strips of prosciutto on top.

I once made a wonderful mac & cheese using blue cheese and two other kinds of cheese. I think there were sun dried tomatoes too. I misplaced the recipe and haven't been able to make it come out good since. :(

Back
Top Bottom