When milk isn't milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a pet peeve of mine. Just because it's a white liquid doesn't mean you can call it milk.

How about calling it, "Indeterminate Liquid Flavored with Nuts or Other Stuff" ILFNOS for short.

Not sure if you can believe this but somewhere I saw that a half-gallon of almond 'milk' contains about 2-3 almonds worth of content. Not sure what the rest of the stuff in the carton is.

Last edited:
Non-dairy vegetarian drink.

Most of the rest of the ingredients are water and sweetener.

The proposal should be changed to include milks from any lactating animal.

No one confuses dairy milk with Milk of Magnesia or Milk Duds, so there's no need to change those. The slippery slope is a logical fallacy.

GG I agree about animal milk.

How about Non-dairy “milk” replacement drink.

Surimi is a crab substitute and is frequently labeled or presented as “krab.” So why not some alternate spelling, like “milque?”

0876063002011_a1c1_0600.png

The label plainly STATES "CONTAINS NO MILK." It should also state "CONTAINS NO MUSCLE, EITHER!"

But if it has milk proteins, in Sweden it does contain milk since milk proteins is part of the milk... Muscle milk sound discussing.

Yeah, weird some lactose milk products are not allowed to be label milk but milkdrink... so soy milk should be soydrink in my world.

Its not just non-dairy "milks," is anything but COW's milk. So goat milk and sheep's milk wount be able to be called "milk," even though that's literally what it is.
So will they be banning the word for that stuff the baby drinks when it's breast fed?

There are so many things that the US government should be turning it's attention to and it's wittering about this! Even the EU isn't so stupid as to get onto this bandwagon.

Last edited:
So will they be banning the word for that stuff the baby drinks when it's breast fed?
Why would they do that?

There are so many things that the US government should be turning it's attention to and it's wittering about this! Even the EU isn't so stupid as to get onto this bandwagon.

You are mistaken.
EU court bans dairy-style names for soya and tofu
Plant-based foods cannot be sold in the European Union using terms such as milk, butter and cheese, the European Court of Justice has ruled.

Last edited:
+1....

It seems that so many things are renamed these days..
Milk is milk.. Other products are not milk..

well...maybe "milkweed"... :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom