Which mammals have you tried the milk of? Camel, pig, goat...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting article, Mel. I've had the usual suspects, nothing exotic. Not real fond of goat cheese.

...Never occurred to me to try pig milk. ....

Well, even if you did, chances are you would not be able to get much if any and that at chance to loose your hand or a whole arm. Pigs jaw is incredible crushing machne, much stronger of that than a dog, and much more vishes than a mean pitbull animal, you really don't want to take your chances. Unless you can become really mean and tight that animal and abuse, but than you have to deal with even more vishea animal by the name of PITA.... ;)

As far as milk, I love raw goat milk, well processed too. I think it is the best milk ever, Kumis or Kumus, however it is spelled is really sour and reminded me of sour milk or even butter milk or something in between. Never had sheep milk or any other ones for that matter, but love cheeses, sheep, goat Buffalo. Yum.

Last edited:
CharlieD said:
Well, even if you did, chances are you would not be able to get much if any and that at chance to loose your hand or a whole arm. Pigs jaw is incredible crushing machne, much stronger of that than a dog, and much more vishes than a mean pitbull animal, you really don't want to take your chances. Unless you can become really mean and tight that animal and abuse, but than you have to deal with even more vishea animal by the name of PITA.... ;)

As far as milk, I love raw goat milk, well processed too. I think it is the best milk ever, Kumis or Kumus, however it is spelled is really sour and reminded me of sour milk or even butter milk or something in between. Never had sheep milk or any other ones for that matter, but love cheeses, sheep, goat Buffalo. Yum.

:LOL: The guy in the article had to sneak up on a sleeping sow, quickly squeeze a teat, then run away. He was able to get only a small amount of pig milk.

Goat & Ewe & Lactose Intolerant to Bovine

Interesting Topic ... Thanks for posting ...

I have had raw fresh goat and ewe´s milk living in the Mediterranean ... I prefer raw fresh goat milk ... and yogurt as well ...

Buonasera, ;)
Ciao, and have lovely Tuesday.
Margaux. :cool:

Off topic. Generally speaking American dairy is in a very-very poor state compare to Europian, for example.

I'm with the mainstream - cow, goat and sheep. I don't mind goat's milk but it isn't my favourite, and the sheep's milk I didn't care for at all. But I do like both goat and sheep cheese.

I'm with the mainstream - cow, goat and sheep. I don't mind goat's milk but it isn't my favourite, and the sheep's milk I didn't care for at all. But I do like both goat and sheep cheese.
I found sheep very hard to milk--they seem to "suck it up." Goats are a lot easier to milk, but if there is a billy in the herd, the milk is too strong for my taste, but I do like goat (and sheep) cheese.

No one has mentioned the obvious: Human!

I prefer cow's milk to all the others mentioned, but I have to admit that human milk comes in the most attractive containers!
img_1168418_0_ee42de2a90ebc9129ac8f902d0fdcef2.gif

Last edited:
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
No one has mentioned the obvious: Human!

I prefer cow's milk to all the others mentioned, but I have to admit that human milk comes in the most attractive containers!

Not if you're a cow, sheep, goat, or camel....

on a funny note, when I was a baby, I did not nurse, so my mother had to pump. One day my father brought home a puppy and quietly he would borrow some of the milk my mother pumped, to nurse the puppy, puppy grew up to be a 120 pounds dog, and we were the best of friends, in russian there is an expression for that, milk brothers, and so we were.

My mom was told by her doctor not to nurse me (a weird phase pediatricians were going through during the late '50s), so just cow and goat for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom