Whipped Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
Looking for a T&T whipped butter recipe....I have seen it sometimes during the Passover season, but then, here in my neighbourhood, it disappears.
Anyone?......thanks in advance DCers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
if I am not mistaken, whipped butter is just regular butter with extra air whipped in. If you have a stand mixer you can just put your butter in the bowl and mix it until you get to the desired texture.

just don't overwhip, it can separate. Maybe adding the other ingredients helps with that.

Butter (Whipped)

1/4 cup milk
1/2 lb butter, softened

1. Beat milk and butter together until light and fluffy.

2. This expands the volume by a third and makes it easier to spread.

Servings: 10

Prep Time:: 10 minutes

Source: recipezaar.com

Author Notes
This is the method used by restaurants to whip butter to make it easier to spread, and for economical reasons to make butter go a lot further too. You can make it fancy like the restaurants by putting this mixture into a cake decorating tube with a fancy tip and pipe it into small dishes for individual servings. I have even used a plastic bag, cut off the corner, placed a fancy decorating tip in the corner, added the butter mixture and piped it into tiny dishes I got at the dollar store. One for each dinner guest is a nice touch.

I do mine a little differently than the rest of you. I use 1/3 cup canola oil to 2 sticks butter and whip. Works well and also causes the butter to spread nicely. It's a lot less expensive than all the "spreadable" butters that are on the dairy shelves at the market.

Do you keep it in the fridge and it still spreads? That sounds like a good idea! Cheaper and probably fewer ingredients!

Depends on the time of the year. In the cooler months, I leave it out. When the weather and the house warms up, I put it in the fridge. Then I take it out a little while before I need to use/serve it.

You bet it's less expensive and, as you noted, only 2 ingredients. Not sure what the commercially-made stuff has in it. I don't buy it. Perhaps I'll look at the label when I'm shopping tomorrow.

I only use butter, canola and evoo for oils. I'll have to try it! Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom