White eggs or brown eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eggs in UK supermarkets (or at least the ones I use) do not refrigerate eggs, either. :) Although I put them in the fridge when I get home. I only buy organic eggs and suspect they would be OK stored in the walk in pantry in my kitchen,but I'm a creature of habit and store them in the fridge!

Wow, I didn't expect such a variety of thoughts on egg color, etc.

All I ever seem to see here in MN are white eggs. Frankly I don't pay attention, because my job in grocery shopping is driving the cart. Mrs. Big Dog has the list drawn out in her order, and she loads up the cart.

I think I have seen brown eggs on occassion in the stores, but it's rare. I can't remember the last time I saw brown eggs at the grocer, and that covers three stores (Sam's, Cub Foods, and Super Target).

All of this talk about eggs reminded me of how my dad was about chicken. When he was growing up they had their own chickens, black and white. He liked one better than the other, but he forgot which it was. Of course after he married my mother they didn't usually know what color the chicken was unless the skin was different.

Back
Top Bottom