"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Eggs, Cheese & Dairy

Old 12-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #41
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
I've only been briefly on & off these boards lately due to illness in my immediate family, so didn't until now realize I had a plethora of personal messages pertaining to this thread.

First off - I want to sincerely apologize to Lyndalou for offending her. There, frankly, is no excuse for my tone except for the fact that it was not meant maliciously, but rather born from having heard of this egg-cooking method about a bazillion times recently. I myself contacted the plastic bag people & they said they didn't recommend it.

I really just didn't want someone doing this over & over for the novelty of it, not realizing that they might be compromising their health. I went about that in the wrong way on many levels, & I truly & most sincerely apologize for it - not only to the original poster, but to everyone & anyone else who took offense at my post.
Even if this post is months old (but just been resurrected) I just wanted to say that the above is a nice, classy, and heartfelt apology that shouts honesty and decency. I hope Breezy was forgiven.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #42
Master Chef

For those of you still interested in this method of cooking, Ziploc has heard your cries - lol!!! They just came out with what they call the "Zip n Steam" bag, meant for use in the microwave. Following are 3 links for your perusal:

First link is to the Ziploc site; second link is to an impartial/independent review of the bag; third link is to a site explaining - again - why you should not use regular Ziploc freezer bags for cooking. Enjoy!

http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b13

http://www.epinions.com/content_395860217476

http://camping.about.com/od/campingrecipes/a/ziplocbaggies.htm

Tags
None