5 min a day bread with garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I made a batch of the Artisan 5 min. a day bread. I added roasted garlic and Italian seasonings to the water before adding the flour. I used bread flour, I prefer the texture of bread flour than all purpose. Heavenly for garlic lovers. :chef: The house smells of roasted garlic :LOL: but who cares? I like it ! I can hardly wait til it is time to bake the bread and taste it.

You mean a house smelling of roasted garlic is a bad thing? I think it's heavenly!!!

Have a missed this recipe somewhere (Artisan 5 min. a day bread)? Can you point me to it?

You mean a house smelling of roasted garlic is a bad thing? I think it's heavenly!!!

Have a missed this recipe somewhere (Artisan 5 min. a day bread)? Can you point me to it?
I have the book :) Hubby does not care for garlic smelling house. :LOL:
I just used the regular 5 min a day recipe and added what I wanted .

Edit added link to Artisan 5 min a day bread
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/dining/211brex.html?ref=dining

The link has the recipe for the Artisan bread.

Last edited:

I think it's either N.Y. Times bread or something very akin to it. I found a link here to an article and recipe for it.

I did the N.Y. Times bread earlier this week or late last week and added a whole head of roasted garlic and a lot of chopped fresh rosemary to the water before mixing the dough. Killer good smell in the house. Then.....the taste of the bread is divine.

Last edited:
I think it's either N.Y. Times bread or something very akin to it. I found a link here to an article and recipe for it.

I did the N.Y. Times bread earlier this week or late last week and added a whole head of roasted garlic and a lot of chopped fresh rosemary to the water before mixing the dough. Killer good smell in the house. Then.....the taste of the bread is divine.

I will have to try the rosemary next time. I used the Artisan 5 min a day recipe for mine. :)

My link has the Artisan recipe , even tho it says NYTimes, they published the Artisan 5 min a day recipe . :chef:

Back
Top Bottom