"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches
Old 04-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
Executive Chef
A how to on breadcrumbs?

I made some pesto in my food processer today and after I scraped the bowl as clean as I could, I threw in some bread to make pesto breadcrumbs. Now what? Do I put them in the oven? And any suggestions on using my pesto crumbs would be appreciated also. Thanks!

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Master Chef
Wow - sounds delicious!!! I never would have thought of doing that - thanks for the tip.

I probably would toast them a little in the oven, then cool, & store in an airtight container in the freezer to keep the oils from turning rancid.

As far as use - the sky is the limit. I'd be inclined to add them to sauteed greens like spinach & swiss chard. Also to top baked pasta dishes.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
This might sound a little weird but I sometimes put just a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan and fry them. The oven works good too though. I don't know why I never thought of pesto before for croutons, what a great idea!
Who Doesn't Love to Eat?
katluvscake is offline   Reply With Quote