"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 12-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Head Chef

Another bread blog

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

When I saw this, I thought of you, JoeV.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
Master Chef

I frequent that blog daily. I have the book as well.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
Head Chef

Thanks, Susan. I made the holiday wreath shown on the blog. I mixed the batter at 9 last night, and turned out the dough at 6 this morning. The smell brought my wife and son downstairs about 1/2 hour early, and 2/3 of this 1# loaf is GONE!

Dusted with flour on the peel ready for baking...

Out of the oven

Made Cinnamon-Raisin bread for a friend also...

Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I frequent that blog daily. I have the book as well.
I also have the book and have made the master dough several times the problem is it takes up a lot of space in the fridge it makes the best bread DH is hooked on it.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I also have the book and have made the master dough several times the problem is it takes up a lot of space in the fridge it makes the best bread DH is hooked on it.
We have a fridge in the garage that is quite full now for the holidays, but will afford plenty of room for the master dough once the new year gets here. I made a 1/2 recipe for this trial and used 2/3 of the dough for the wreath. i then mixed another 1/2 recipe on top of the balance of yesterday's dough, and I will use that on Saturday when I make one of these for the dining room table. DW will put a big holiday candle in the center of it, then we will break it up to serve with Italian Wedding Soup before our Panko Crusted Walleye dinner for our neighbors. It's sure to bring some comments from the neighbors when I start breaking up the centerpiece and putting it on their plates.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #6
Head Chef

Woo hoo! What beautiful breads!!!!

Do you ever sleep? With work and all your hobbies (fishing and film) and Church, how in the world do you find the time to bake bread?

I am very impressed. You really must be a natural.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
Thanks, Susan. I made the holiday wreath shown on the blog. I mixed the batter at 9 last night, and turned out the dough at 6 this morning. The smell brought my wife and son downstairs about 1/2 hour early, and 2/3 of this 1# loaf is GONE!

Dusted with flour on the peel ready for baking...

Out of the oven

Made Cinnamon-Raisin bread for a friend also...
Beautiful breads, Joe. I hope your wife realizes how blessed she is to have a hubby who bakes.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
Head Chef

Well, the book sure looks awesome! My mom was excited when I told her about it. I even told her about you, JoeV. She loved to hear about the man who loves to bake bread and is always searching for the perfect loaf. My mom use to tease me about baking bread because we have such good bakeries around here until I was sick one winter and the got snowed in while my folks were at their S. Fla condo. I made a big pot of chicken soup for myself, baked some bread, and kept myself going like that for a while. It made her smile and she quickly decided baking bread was a good thing. And, she even remembered that today.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
Cook

very very good,l make it soon
Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
Woo hoo! What beautiful breads!!!!

Do you ever sleep? With work and all your hobbies (fishing and film) and Church, how in the world do you find the time to bake bread?

I am very impressed. You really must be a natural.
Sleep? What's sleep? My late Father used to say there will be plenty of time to sleep when you're dead, so don't waste it while we're here. Really, I only need about 5-6 hours of sleep to function all day, and since my business is dead in the water right now, I spend most of my time playing in the kitchen. Now if that book would just get here,I could figure out what to do next. I have a full recipe of the master dough in the fridge right now, and can hardly wait to play with it.

Tags
None