Banana nut bread (originally mama's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in light of the fact that these two banana bread recipes, (mama's and ATK's) contain substantially different ingredients, and vary considerably as to the quantities of those ingredients they do have in common, it only stands to reason that they exist as distinct and separate entities, with no discernible connective origin, one to the other.

The mystery deepens on the link between mama's banana nut bread recipe and the ATK's... lol
I'll take your word for it vit, as I haven't read ATK's recipe.
I do recall mama's recipe being quite simple, something I usually don't find with ATK recipes.

I've been a subscriber of Cooks Illustrated, published by ATK, for over 10 years. Mama's recipe is based on an older version of ATK's recipe. Their newer Ultimate Banana Bread recipe calls for the use and treatment of frozen bananas as I described above.

shut my mouth. all i can say is, mama's bb recipe sure went through a major transformation by the time it got to me....

Sorry, but did anyone read my post about freezing, thawing in the microwave, then reserving and reducing the liquid? Just curious about all this confusion.

ATK's recipe changed to the Ultimate several years ago. The one Dawg linked to on her site was the old one. The one TL linked is the newer, Ultimate one.

The recipe mama emailed or PM'ed me must have been the older recipe she used, before she switched. It only involved pureeing the bananas, two or three I think. Any more banana flavor and I wouldn't like it as well.
Thanks for looking up that post, Taxy.

I'll have to try this new-to-me banana bread recipe. My go-to recipe is also from ATK, but given to us by a member from years past. She was great; the banana bread was great. Here's that link as well. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f23/best-banana-bread-ive-ever-had-4730.html How many great banana bread recipes can there be?:ohmy: Happily, banana plantations are still alive and well.

"Six and seven and eight and bunch!
Daylight come an' me wanna go home..." Doncha just love calypso music.:)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

There ya go!
This thread could only have been made better with the addition of the banana boat song :LOL:

Of topic, but did you know that we are opening bananas from the wrong end? There was an article today on Yahoo about 6 foods we eat wrong, I think that is what it was called.

Back
Top Bottom