Banana nut bread (originally mama's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it's copyrighted, I'll give you the highlights in my own words ;)

[*] Use frozen bananas thawed in the microwave. They exude a lot of moisture this way.
[*] Strain as much liquid from the bananas as possible into a small saucepan, using a spoon to push it through.
[*] Reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup and use this as part of the batter. Really amps up banana flavor.
[*] Slice one fresh banana and shingle it in a row on either side of the top of the loaf right before it goes in the oven.

:yum:

thanks dawg, gg, pac, everybody. we finally got a good bb recipe out there! well, that was some fun i won't be repeating any time soon.....:)

i'm laughing...it's really not funny...but i'm tired.....
that wasn't THE recipe. heh,heh,heh...but it looks good to me. some things in life just weren't meant to be....

Scroll down. Others have ripped it off and posted it.

I did scroll down and the pane to sign up for the trial just followed me, blocking everything.

Never mind, you meant use a different link on Google...man, my brain is just not working.

Last edited:
I guess I am not destined to read the greatest banana bread recipe. I'm not sure how this went from Vit's original mama's recipe to ATK recipe.

No $$ to Chris Kimble form me. Between ATK, Consumer Reports ( you can search a product review you just can't read it, but the secret is, you at least know which issue it's in so when you go to the library you can immediately pull it) and Play boy mag's "free" subscription ( you can only see pics from the neck up but don't ask how I know this)-- the internet is a teaser.

So, is this it?

cooks illustrated’s ultimate banana bread

Last edited:
Yup, that's it. Scroll down on the Google page. Go past the ATK post. Everybody's copied and posted it illegally! (Including Mama, apparently).

Last edited:
I worded that wrong. I know mama's recipe is different from ATKs. My first clue was no march of banana discs down the sides of the bread. I saw the ATK episode where they made the bread. I decided right then I didn't think would like it for various reasons - starting with the 'nanners on top. Now mama's I'd try.

we have been around the block a few times with this bb recipe, haven't we? my better judgment told me not to muddy the waters any further, to leave it be. good judgment not being my strong suit, let me extend this invitation: anyone who is still interested in making banana bread using 'my' recipe, please let me know. my understanding is that i can forward a pm of mine to five different recipients at once. i am willing to attempt this, but with no guarantees.
again, my apologies for all the confusion....

Last edited:
I think that now I get it vit: the recipe you're referring to is YOUR "mama"'s recipe? Not "mama" the member from DC in the past? *facepalm* Got it. Well if yours is that scrump-dee-lee-ishous that you're sharing I'll take a "slice". As in, PM me the recipe please. :yum:

I worded that wrong. I know mama's recipe is different from ATKs. My first clue was no march of banana discs down the sides of the bread. I saw the ATK episode where they made the bread. I decided right then I didn't think would like it for various reasons - starting with the 'nanners on top. Now mama's I'd try.

I've made it a few times and I love it - it's my go-to be recipe now. I haven't put the 'nanners on top since the first time, though - we didn't care for it. The major things for me are using thawed frozen bananas and the reduced liquid.

I think that now I get it vit: the recipe you're referring to is YOUR "mama"'s recipe? Not "mama" the member from DC in the past? *facepalm* Got it. Well if yours is that scrump-dee-lee-ishous that you're sharing I'll take a "slice". As in, PM me the recipe please. :yum:

No, you were right.
At one time former member mama had given me her banana nut bread recipe and I had given it to vit through PM. Vit was trying to find it online so she could give it to someone who asked for it.
Thanks for looking up her website and linking it :)
I have no idea how all that ATK stuff came up.

Last edited:
No, you were right.
At one time former member mama had given me her banana nut bread recipe and I had given it to vit through PM. Vit was trying to find it online so she could give it to someone who asked for it.
Thanks for looking up her website and linking it :)
I have no idea how all that ATK stuff came up.

Mama had stated the recipe was from ATK.

Back
Top Bottom