Beef Teriyaki Sandwiches Recipe (Slow Cooker)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
I use Kikkoman Sweet and Sour Sauce in this recipe. I'm sure any brand will work.
Enjoy! Debbie

Beef Teriyaki Sandwiches (Slow Cooker)

img_460359_0_f86ed5bc40d393f392c0878ba086f4d6.jpg

2 pound(s) CHUCK STEAK; Beef.
2 tablespoon(s) SOY SAUCE
2 teaspoon(s) BROWN SUGAR
1/2 teaspoon(s) GINGER; Ground.
1 teaspoon(s) GARLIC; Minced.
4 tablespoon(s) SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
4 ROLLS; Or Buns.
4 PINEAPPLE RINGS
RED ONION; Sliced.
4 slice(s) SWISS CHEESE; Thin Sliced.
LETTUCE; Optional.
_____
Trim away any fat from chuck steak.
Slice steak into thin strips.
Add to slow cooker; the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sweet and sour sauce and mix well.
Add meat and stir to coat.
Cover slow cooker and set on low; cook 7 to 9 hours or set on high for 3 to 4 hours.
To serve, remove meat with a slotted spoon and place meat on the bottoms half of each toasted or un-toasted roll.
Place a slice of cheese over meat.
Spoon a little sauce over cheese to help melt cheese.
Top with onion and pineapple.
Drizzle a little more sauce over rolls if desired.
Place top half of roll on top of meat and serve.
Yields 4 sandwiches depending on size of rolls

this sounds GREAT!!! can you use any kind beef? I have round steak in the freezer.

I don't see why not. I just had some chuck steak in the freezer to use up so that is what I used. I have used round steak a lot in recipes like this. Debbie

it's very good try it last night hubby ate it on a bun and my son had it on rice.YUM it's easy too.

BBQ Mikey, Anytime!

LoL... You are welcome Barbara.

chilichip, I'm glad you liked it. My son thought about putting it over rice. Thanks for letting me know. I will try it next time.

wow that really looks good and gives me some ideas for other kinds of sandwiches. I dont have a crock-pot, but I could do it in the oven using maybe a bread pan or glass cassarole dish covered with tin foil.
Anyone know of a subsitute receipe for the sweet and sour sauce, cant get it here in Ecuador that I know of. So i'd like to make it from scratch.

thanks

mmmm, this does look good. thanks ol-blue.

the pineapple rings look more like pickles to me, from the picture. either would work, imo. :chef:

mraughh, i was thinking of replacing the sweet-n-sour with sweet chilli sauce. you may be able to find maggi brand or mae ploy brand sweet chilli sauces. both are sold internationally.

Mraughh, sweet and sour sauce is basically vinegar and sugar. People often add other things, such as pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and such. Considering this is going to be tossed into a slow cooker would just choose the ingredients you want and toss them in the cooker. There are a lot of good recipes out there, just Google.

buckytom, yeah I can get the maggi brands here, seem pretty popular, i have a bottle of chili sauce also I could try.

thanks aunt dot, I wasnt sure what the base ingredients are, I prefer making stuff from scratch and experimenting with flavors so that'll help alot. I'm guessing about a 50-50 ratio of vinegar to sugar for the base?

Mraughh said:
thanks aunt dot, I wasnt sure what the base ingredients are, I prefer making stuff from scratch and experimenting with flavors so that'll help alot. I'm guessing about a 50-50 ratio of vinegar to sugar for the base?
It's been a while since I've made it, but a 50-50 ratio didn't seem right to me, so I googled it and got a ton of results. Try this one: Sweet and Sour Sauce

Hope this is helpful.

This is my favorite recipe for Sweet and Sour Sauce. Debbie

Sweet And Sour Sauce

3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoon Ketchup
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce is thick and bubbly.

Hi,
I made these and they were really great. Everyone liked them a lot. If you dont have access to a crock-pot, this is how I did it to get the meat moist and tender, falling off the bone.

I took a regular bread baking pan, put the meat in it the day before and marinated it with a bottle of coca-cola and 1/2 a bottle of beer. Once done marinating, I added the required ingredients, but I cut in half all of the sugar based ones since the coke is sweet and soaked into the meat. then I sealed the bread pan with 2 layers of tin foil and baked it at 300 degrees for 7 hours.
Once done, I could take 2 forks and just shred the meat it was so tender. Made great sandwiches :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom