Best Banana Bread I've Ever Had!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodweed..I knew there was some type of reaction going on by using the buttermilk, yougart or sourcream...thank you for giving it a good explanation.
I also let my chicken sit in a buttermilk mixture overnite prior to making fried chicken.

I finally had the chance to make this recipe.

It was delicious. Only change I made was to put in chocolate chips instead of the nuts (i don't like nuts in cakes/muffins.....unless it only in the topping).

My dh LOVED it.

Laur

I made a batch last night and in an attempt to make it a little more healthy, I used 1 c AP flour and 1 c whole wheat. It did change the texture a bit, but not in a bad way. It had a finer crumb than the all AP. The nuttiness was enhanced, too, as expected. So overall, I would probably still choose to use all AP flour, but in an effort to make it a tad healthier, I'd do this again.

I made this using 1 cup of whole wheat flour and I cup of all-purpose flour. I also added 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. The one mistake I made was adding an extra banana because the bananas I had were kind of small. The center did not get quite done. I really like the banana in chunks.

Thanks for the recipe, I love any and all that I can get. I have a banana bread recipe that has always turned out a perfect loaf, I will try this one and add it to my favorites! Banana bread is a must in our house! :D

Used this recipe for a "loaf" and 4 mini loaves. The loaf was outstanding! The mini loaves cooked 10 minutes faster and almost burnt. I used pampered chef stoneware pans and the outside browned very evenly. Thanks for making 6 bananas in to paradise!

I've been making the best banana bread recipe I could find, but hubby says there isn't enough banana flavor. Yours...with the banana chunks sounds like a winner. I will sure try it soon.

Banana Photo

Here is a photo I took for you. Hope it helps. I used pecans after roasting them 350 degrees for 10 minutes
IMG_0330.jpg
The photo has a bite out of it....

Last edited:
Unless otherwise specified, recipes on this site are in F. So 350F. If you think about it, 350C would be pretty darned toasty!

I beg to differ. The best banana bread I have ever eaten was at The Beaver Club (Montreal, PQ). When I was a tour manager, I used to stay at the Queen Elizabeth and eat at the Beaver Club. This banana bread was always in the fruit basket in my room and in the bread basket in the restaurant. On my last tour, I asked the chef for the recipe, as well as the recipe for the chocolate mousse. He sent the two recipes, handwritten, to my room. They were slipped under the door around midnight. I have made this many, many times. I do not like bananas, but I love this bread. A search of the Internet, this one is the closest to his handwritten recipe:

Tinkerblue: Black Banana Bread

What is missing is that he told me to use brown grocery bags, cut to fit my pans, and to rub them with butter using my hands, both sides. There are many versions of this recipe on the 'Net, but this one is almost identical to the one the chef shared with me. If you like moist, banana-y, yes, also sticky banana bread, this one fits the bill.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. The best banana bread I have ever eaten was at The Beaver Club (Montreal, PQ). When I was a tour manager, I used to stay at the Queen Elizabeth and eat at the Beaver Club. This banana bread was always in the fruit basket in my room and in the bread basket in the restaurant. On my last tour, I asked the chef for the recipe, as well as the recipe for the chocolate mousse. He sent the two recipes, handwritten, to my room. They were slipped under the door around midnight. I have made this many, many times. I do not like bananas, but I love this bread. A search of the Internet, this one is the closest to his handwritten recipe:

Tinkerblue: Black Banana Bread

What is missing is that he told me to use brown grocery bags, cut to fit my pans, and to rub them with butter using my hands, both sides. There are many versions of this recipe on the 'Net, but this one is almost identical to the one the chef shared with me. If you like moist, banana-y, yes, also sticky banana bread, this one fits the bill.

I'm intrigued by this recipe, but what stopped me in my tracks was the 7 teaspoons of baking soda!

Try it once. I love it. And I hate bananas. It makes 2 loaves.

The recipe the chef gave me used 6 bananas, very ripe, mashed (I used black bananas and a potato masher--the hardest thing for me is to get past the smell of the bananas and handling them).

4 c sugar
4 c flour
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1 c buttermilk
1-2 tsp vanilla
6 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 275 with the rack in the middle.

Blend the bananas, sugar, and baking SODA at high for 1 minute.

Add eggs and flour alternating. Mix well.

I shake the oil, vanilla, and buttermilk up in a canning jar, add that and beat for 2 minutes until smooth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom