"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 06-26-2005, 08:49 PM   #11
Master Chef

speaking of baskets, I wonder if the bread sticks could be rolled slightly flat, and woven into a basket, then filled with little packaged cheeses and sausage chubs. That would a great way to give such things during the holidays.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
speaking of baskets, I wonder if the bread sticks could be rolled slightly flat, and woven into a basket, then filled with little packaged cheeses and sausage chubs. That would a great way to give such things during the holidays.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Hi Goodweed. Don't see why not.

You gave me some more bread/stick food for thought. After you weave them, perhaps mold it around the outside of a clay flower pot & bake. There are some rules re lead about baking in flower pots. Also read there are neon food colorings available now. Your idea made me think of a candy cane breadstick, hooked onto the lip of a soup bowl (maybe filled w tomato soup) - or using a star-shaped cookie cutter for the dough/breadstick w a parmesan, garlic herb flavoring, baking them & floating them in soup or surrounding a dip. Thank you for these inventive ideas.

Here's a pic of baking bread IN a flower pot. Btw, at fabric/craft stores they sell little tiny flower pots. Great for the holidays too.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #13
Master Chef

Cool. There is so much to try, and so little time to try everything. I wish I'd chosen cooking as a profession. It would be so rewarding to constantly be trying new ideas. Instead, I fix phones and phone systems. Of course it's great when you see a smiling customer after you've done your work, but it's such mundane work, except in time of crisis. And then, well, you just couldn't imagine how much people rely on their phones.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:36 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Cool. There is so much to try, and so little time to try everything. I wish I'd chosen cooking as a profession. It would be so rewarding to constantly be trying new ideas. Instead, I fix phones and phone systems. Of course it's great when you see a smiling customer after you've done your work, but it's such mundane work, except in time of crisis. And then, well, you just couldn't imagine how much people rely on their phones.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Some days I don't even want to boil water. But when I went several days with phone problems, I practically kissed the telephone repair man. lol Hello, Pizza Man.

Tags
None