"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 05-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Angie, Rickell TomW and whom ever else might be here:

Here's a bread machine recipe. this is for an average 1.5 pound recipe. Use your basic recipe that you like the best, white, whole wheat, whatever, even sweet bread and add a medium sized red pepper, all chopped up. If you have a 2 lb. machine (1 K), use a slightly larger pepper. I'd say medium is a bit smaller than the average hand, large might be about the size of an average hand, maybe a bit bigger. What does that come out to, ¾ cup (185 ml) for the small and 250 ml (1 cup) for the large. Just remember, it is not an exact science.

Have fun baking...

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

an-jay! aaaa-yunjay. ain't it good to be alive?
they can't say we never tri-e-i-ied...

(sorry. every time i read your name i hear the stones.)

here's a link to a post for basic bread machine recipes that i entered a while ago. hope it helps...

Breadman bread machine recipe

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #23
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

here's a link to a post for basic bread machine recipes that i entered a while ago. hope it helps...

Crimany! We have that 45!! That dates me......
Old 06-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

Good work on the bread machine recipes.
Thanks

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to Eliza
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I need some help with the bread I bake from my bread machine?

Is there anyway or anything I can use / do to keep the bread still soft the next day? To maintain soft bread, i set the timer on my machine so i have fresh bread each morning but using the timer doesn't allow me to bake raisin or mix fruit loaf? And if i bake a loaf of raisin bread - I end up usually having it for tea and not breakfast.

Secondly, i use the doug setting alot to make different types of bun - cheese (my daughter's favourite), sausage roll etc...but it's the same problem, it taste really nice the day i bake it but hard the next day?

Does anyone know why and how to resolve the problem? Many thanks!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #26
Executive Chef

I have a bread machine from the early 80s and it still makes a mean loaf of bread. Round, but good. I don't use it much any longer because I've taken to loving actually working the dough myself.
But, when I did find a bread recipe I wanted to try, as long as it didn't require more than 3 cups of flour I could make it in the machine.

Just follow the basic steps that are outlined in your manual. Mine has a timer that can be set. When I was using the machine more often, I would set it at night and wake to warm baked bread for breakfast!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I need some help with the bread I bake from my bread machine?

Is there anyway or anything I can use / do to keep the bread still soft the next day? To maintain soft bread, i set the timer on my machine so i have fresh bread each morning but using the timer doesn't allow me to bake raisin or mix fruit loaf? And if i bake a loaf of raisin bread - I end up usually having it for tea and not breakfast.

Secondly, i use the doug setting alot to make different types of bun - cheese (my daughter's favourite), sausage roll etc...but it's the same problem, it taste really nice the day i bake it but hard the next day?

Does anyone know why and how to resolve the problem? Many thanks!
Try wrapping a damp paper towel around it, and then tightly wrapping that in plastic wrap. I know what you mean about the rasins when using the timer. If you set it the night before you have to add the raisins during the initial mix. The raisins get crushed and smashed. Ideally, you are supposed to add them during the final minutes of the second knead.

Tags
None