Breadcrumbs Conversion Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
hey all...i am making a chicken breast (baked) dinner tonight that calls to be topped with homemade breadcrumbs. i dont have the time for this, so i am gonna substitute with storebought.

the recipe calls for:

4 slices of stale wheat bread,
torn
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons
grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh
thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Pulsed in a food processor until crumbs.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much canned breadcrumbs this comes to (roughly)??

I will gladly post the whole recipe if that will help..

TIA!!

I wouldn't worry about trying to figure out a conversion. Just take a handful and top the chicken with then. You will be able to tell by sight if you don't have enough. I would guess a small handful per breast maybe.

dito... just put a nice even layer over the top. If you wanted to doctor the bread crumbs up a little you could throw in a little fresh parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs.

I almost always use more bread crumbs than a recipe calls for, just love those little guys too bits. They are certainly something where 95% of the time you can just eyeball it and things usually turn out excellently :)

Piccolina said:
I almost always use more bread crumbs than a recipe calls for, just love those little guys too bits.
LOL I do the same thing. I also use the seasoned breadcrumbs a lot even when it calls for regular. Not always as sometimes the flavors just won't work, but often times they do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom