Chocolate Banana Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Okayk the other banana bread topic reminded me I've wanted to get this recipe into my file on the puter, and post it here for y'all - it is most awesome!!

Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread

Chocolate and bananas are a natural pair. Toast and top with a spoonful of peanut butter for breakfast.

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
4 oz semisweet chocolate
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.

Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, eggs, and sour cream; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.

Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (serving size: 1 slice)

This ROCKS!

hey, I'm going downstairs right now and make this....I just got the banannas right! let you know in a couple of hours how it turned out.

:) Thank you - and I hope you enjoy!

My favorite sundae is a 'FudgeAna', (vanilla ice cream, bananas, and hot fudge sauce), so when I found this recipe I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

Sometime, I could yell my lungs out here -- I KNOW I didn't see this recipe earlier, marmalady!!!

I'm with you -- I love the combination of chocolate and bananas, as does my family fortunately. I'm going to give this one a whirl over the weekend! Sure would be a lovely, delicious breakfast for them to awaken to!

marmalady said:
Okayk the other banana bread topic reminded me I've wanted to get this recipe into my file on the puter, and post it here for y'all - it is most awesome!!

Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread

Chocolate and bananas are a natural pair. Toast and top with a spoonful of peanut butter for breakfast.

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
4 oz semisweet chocolate
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.

Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, eggs, and sour cream; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.

Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (serving size: 1 slice)

This ROCKS!

I made this recipe today.. and it was SOOOOO very VERY good! A different way to use up your bananas.. try it.. you WILL enjoy it!

Thank you for sharing this recipe!!!

:)

Well, thanks to whomever resurrected it. I couldn't figure out why Marmalady was upset that no one commented!!
I was just about to say--I got bananas--and a reason to make this. Thanks.

just came across this post and I have to ask.....is this anything like the bread that Starbucks use to serve? I would kill for a piece of that right now!!! I am buying bananas tomorrow to try this recipe! Big fat kiss to you marmalady if it is!!!!!! :)

I just tried this. It's very good. My 7 year old thought it smelled good baking (she usually doesn't like how food smells :rolleyes: ) She ate 2 pieces.

Back
Top Bottom