Different flours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I went shopping yesterday, came home with Almond Flour, and Graham flour, thinking I could add a little to my breads. Any ideas what else I can do with these flours?

Almond flour is good in "quick-bread" type recipes, like muffins, nut breads, and pancakes. It's not good for foods such as bread that require a real dough (you can't knead it). Usually, more eggs are required when baking with almond meal to provide more structure. Almond meal can also be used in breading fish, but care must be taken not to burn it.

Low-Carb Muffins - Sugar-Free Muffin Recipe

Graham Flour is a form of whole wheat flour. Although the terms graham flour and whole wheat flour are often used interchangeably, there is a difference. Graham flour is a slightly coarser grind than whole wheat flour. It also does not store well and will turn rancid within a month if not used or stored properly.

Graham Cracker Recipes and Graham Flour Recipes

Almond flour is good in "quick-bread" type recipes, like muffins, nut breads, and pancakes. It's not good for foods such as bread that require a real dough (you can't knead it). Usually, more eggs are required when baking with almond meal to provide more structure. Almond meal can also be used in breading fish, but care must be taken not to burn it.

Low-Carb Muffins - Sugar-Free Muffin Recipe

Graham Flour is a form of whole wheat flour. Although the terms graham flour and whole wheat flour are often used interchangeably, there is a difference. Graham flour is a slightly coarser grind than whole wheat flour. It also does not store well and will turn rancid within a month if not used or stored properly.

Graham Cracker Recipes and Graham Flour Recipes

thank you mcnerd!

Back
Top Bottom