Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make mine the way I make chicken salad or tuna salad: mayo, scallions, and celery. Well, I chop the scallions and celery finer for egg salad.

Eggs, Mayo, Salt, Pepper, and Cayenne. :yum:

Anything more is too much and anything less is too little.

Served on a soft white bread.

You can keep the toast. :rolleyes:

Well maybe in a blue moon. ;)

Yes I'm set in my ways on this one but I like it and that's what matters. :)

l still read Dagwood and Blondie just can't eat Dagwood sandwiches any more.

I recently started to experiment on egg salad because I wanted much less mayo. Here is a recipe that I find really good.

6 Hard-cooked Eggs
1 teaspoon of mayo
1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
Pinch of cider vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and pepper (and sometimes a dash of cayenne)
Chives

Mix all but the eggs together. Chop the eggs and work most of the yellow in to the mixture before folding in the whites.

I like it with grainy bread and arugula.

Good!! I' make the same recipes but I add the Tuna fish minced at the yellow eggs and mayo!

I recently started to experiment on egg salad because I wanted much less mayo. Here is a recipe that I find really good.

6 Hard-cooked Eggs
1 teaspoon of mayo
1-2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
Pinch of cider vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and pepper (and sometimes a dash of cayenne)
Chives

Mix all but the eggs together. Chop the eggs and work most of the yellow in to the mixture before folding in the whites.

I like it with grainy bread and arugula.

Good! I make the same recipes but I add minced tuna fish at the yellow eggs and mayo!

I like mine made with warm hb eggs, homemade mayo (to which Dijon is added), a bit of finely chopped green onion, and a healthy tsp or so of my friend's homemade curry powder. If I leave out the curry powder, I like to add some grated cheddar cheese...

Back
Top Bottom