Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love just a simple recipe that is not too saucy.

Egg Salad
12 Eggs, hardboiled, peeled and rough chopped
2 stalks Celery, chopped
1 Red onion, chopped
8 oz Smoked salmon, diced
OR
8 oz Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 c Mayonnaise
2-3 tb Dijon mustard
3 tb Fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

1.In a medium bowl, combine eggs, celery, onion, smoked salmon/bacon, mayonnaise, and mustard. Season with dill, salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to combine.

Add some tarragon and chopped sliced almonds to the egg salad; serve on a good whole wheat bread, w/lettuce and/or sprouts, and tomato.

I usually make my egg salad with the hard-boiled eggs, mayo, minced onions, salt, white pepper, sweet relish, and a bit of Grey Poupon. Sometimes I go more more of the mustard than the mayo, for a stronger flavor.

If you really want to rachet it up a notch, try using Creole mustard or other whole-grain mustard. I think Grey Poupon is even making a whole-grain mustard now.

I really liked kansasgirl's idea about the bacon.

Oh great, now I'm starting to get hungry....

The coffee shop in the building where I used to work in D.C. made the best egg salad samdwiches. They put whole slices of cooked bacon on it, Allen. Think I'd prefer that to crumbled.

The bacon is a great idea.

I think I'll make some for hubby's lunch tomorrow.
He'll love it. Bacon is his favorite.

I am just a traditionalist. Finely diced celery, onion, a dash of well drained sweet pickle relish, mayo, S&P, mixed into mashed eggs. Served on a toasted whole wheat, oatmeal or other dark bread. The toasted dark bread gives it another level of flavor. Whole grain bread is even better. Toasted of course. And that crumbled bacon sounds good though. Hmmmm. :angel:

This really makes it a whole 'nother sandwich but I love to add a can of tuna with the egg, Mayo, s&p, onion and sometimes just a tiny bit of mustard. I try to use equal portions of egg and tuna.

I'm with Addie on this one, traditional.

I make it the same way I make deviled eggs, just roughly chopped.

A couple slices of crispy bacon or a slice of ham would be good on some whole wheat toast for an egg salad club or Dagwood.

When we were kids our neighbor used to take us to camp and put out egg salad, tuna salad, cold cuts, cheese,tomato slices. lettuce. onion slices etc, so we could make Dagwood sandwiches. I'm not sure if anyone even remembers poor Dagwood Bumstead! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Growing up the school lunch ladies were none too careful. Sometimes a bit of shell was included in the egg salad for extra goodness. Probably more common than not. How many times / year did we get egg salad sammies, X How Often I hit the "jack-pot". !?! ( who knew making egg salad is a math question.) I soon learned to add a layer of Potato Chips to my lunch sandwich before digging in. Now it's a necessary component when I make them.

I like to add some fine diced jalapeno peppers, a bit of diced onion. Mayo no mustard. Preferrably toasted whole wheat or grainy bread. Slice of tomato in season and whole lettuce leaf. Extra chips on the side. Otherwise, I seldom eat chips.

My egg salad is pretty simple. Hard boiled eggs, mayo, Lawry's seasoned salt. I like it on toast. I'll sometimes add a slice of tomato if I have a nice one but that doesn't happen often.

I'm with Addie on this one, traditional.

I make it the same way I make deviled eggs, just roughly chopped.

A couple slices of crispy bacon or a slice of ham would be good on some whole wheat toast for an egg salad club or Dagwood.

When we were kids our neighbor used to take us to camp and put out egg salad, tuna salad, cold cuts, cheese,tomato slices. lettuce. onion slices etc, so we could make Dagwood sandwiches. I'm not sure if anyone even remembers poor Dagwood Bumstead! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I do! :angel:

I like mine super simple, too. Just a tad bit of mayo & salt. Though if I have a shallot around I will mince one up super fine and add that.

Back
Top Bottom