02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
English Muffin Recipe
- Use any standard roll , making a very soft dough.
- Knead lightly until smooth and elastic.
- Work down and when light again roll out with rolling pin to about one-fourth inch in thickness.
- Cut in circles.
- When light, bake on ungreased hot griddle.
- As soon as they are brown on one side, turn them over.
- When both sides are browned, bake more slowly until finished.
- They may be browned on the griddle and then may be put into the oven to finish baking.
- A modification of this may be made by adding enough flour to make a drop batter.
- Let it rise until light.
- Drop batter into large, greased English muffin rings, arranged on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven until nearly done.
- Turn rings upside down and complete baking at 400-450 degrees F.).