"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches

Old 11-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Audeo - that sounds great - have you ever made cinnamon rolls from the dough? Someone on one of the about.com forums was looking for a buttery easy roll recipe - I'd like to cross post this with your permission

Old 11-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #12
Head Chef

JRs, how very considerate to ask permission, but please don't hesitate to post anything of mine anywhere you would please!!! If I ever post a recipe that is copyrighted, I will note same. Most of mine are from my own experiments, or variations of my ancestors, so copy ho!

This roll dough is very good for cinnamon rolls. I would increase the sugar to 1/2 a cup. The filling I use is 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, about 1/4 cup of cinnamon, about 1/8 teaspoon of cloves and with about 3 tablespoons of melted butter drizzled in and combined to hold the filling together. Roll out the dough to a large rectangle about 1/2-inch thick, coat with butter, slather on the filling, and roll up. (I sometimes have to use my scraper to dislodge the dough from the board, but little holes in the center of the rolls are irrelevant.) Divide the roll in half, each half into quarters, etc., and place in a buttered rectangular baking dish to rise. Brush the risen roll tops with more butter and bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes.

For icing, I prefer making mine using cream cheese for the base, adding a couple of tablespoons of buttermilk, then adding confectioner's sugar to the proper consistency.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 PM   #13
Master Chef

I always make clover-leaf rolls. I'm sorry. I don't have a recipe for these as I don't measure. I just kinda know as I'm putting in the ingrediants.

But if you want to make everyone happy, make your favorite bread dough recipe. Melt some butter (about a cup of the stuff). Mix sugar and cinamin together. BReak off inch thick blobs, roll into balls, roll around in the butter, then the sugar/cinamin, then place in a square baking pan. Let rise, and pop in a 375 degree oven for about a half hour. Remove and turn onto a platter.

I used to so love sticky buns and monkey bread. :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:36 AM   #14
Master Chef

Across the highway is the local and surrounding area favorite steak place. They are famous for their rolls. I have to confess I can live without their steaks...........others swear by them but their rolls are amazing. Thankfully I have relatives that work there so I can get the at their cost :)
Old 11-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

Thanks for the two recipes! I think I will make them both as dh loves sweet potatoes so I am subbing that one for the potatoes.

And the icebox sounds like the ones I like. :o)

I am the opposite, I could leave the turkey and eat the rolls and side dishes. :D

Tags
None