Favorite Pizza Toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
Mine are barbe cued chicken,ground beef,lots and lots of mushrooms and olives,and sometimes just oinions and peppers.

What about you guys?

Well, I'm one of those people who usually look at the topping list and say, okay! (In otherwords, I'll take all of them!)

If we have to limit the toppings, then I'd probably vote for either pepperoni and mushrooms, or sausage and hot peppers.

John

I prefer mushrooms and/or onions, but do like ham and pineapple. Would probably like black olives,though. Despite my ancestry I don't like pepperoni, but the rest of the family does, and that's the only extra topping that they like.

It all depends on the pizza place (or if I am making it myself). There is a place down the street that makes an amazing pizza. They get a bit weird with their toppings though. The artichoke topping is shredded so fine that by looking at the pizza you can't really tell it is on there. Their pepperoni is too salty. Their spinach and feta pizza however is amazingly good and so is their onion pizza. Now at another pizza place down the street their onion pizza is horrible, but their pepperoni is awesome. I like meats on my pizza and I also like veggies. Fresh slices of tomato and garlic is always a winner in my book. I guess there are just too many things I like to list them out.

I'm an American pizza traditionalist when it comes to pizza. Thin crust and pepperoni.

When I venture beyond the traditional, I like Margarita pizza. A veggie pizza with green peppers, onions and mushrooms is also good.

Last edited:
Shrimps, anchovies, mushrooms, and the absolute must: raw sweet white onions. Nothing like raw onions on pizza! Just make sure everyone's having it too :)

corazon90 said:
I like pepperoni, feta, mushrooms, and pine nuts. When I make it at home we do roasted chicken, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, pesto, pine nuts and parm. I love pine nuts on my pizza, all golden brown.

never had pinenuts on my pizza,but ummm...sounds like a good idea,i like pinenuts in my rice though...:)

Aurora said:
Don't say yuck until you've tried it but I love squid on my pizza.

squid is great on pizza, so are mussels.
i often get an appetizer of mussels or calamari marinara, then put some, with the sauce on pizza.

Onions, mushrooms, pineapple, Canadian Bacon,
artichoke hearts, onions, onions and more onions, red peppers,
and a few more mushrooms.

buckytom said:
i often get an appetizer of mussels or calamari marinara, then put some, with the sauce on pizza.

No way, not for me! Those shells are just too darn crunchy!!! They hurt! :wacko:

John

at least you don't have to brush your teeth after that, ronjohn.

most of them will be broken, anyway.

I love pepperoni, so that is a must on pizza for me. It has to be smothered in sauce though, to keep it from drying out. Add to that fresh, sliced onion, sweet bell pepper (orange or yellow prefered), kalamata olives, black olives, Red Pepper flakes, sage-flavored breadfast sausage, or itallian sausage, chunks of skinned and chopped tomato, good muenster cheese, freshly grated Parmesano Regiano, Maybe som crumbled fetta cheese, Lots of oregano spiced tomato sauce, black pepper, sauteed, sliced-mushrooms, and very occasionally, pineapple. I like a thick, chewy crust, preferable whole grain, with a yeasty flavor, cooked in EVOO in the pan. My prefered pizza-pan is my largest cast-iron pan, with the pizza cooked either on the Webber Kettle with the fire very hot, and the lid on (full opening for all vents), or placed into a 500 degree oven until the crust is cooked.

We have a new pizza place in town that makes wonderful pizzas with toppings like artichoke hearts, fetta cheese, ham, or chicken with alfredo sauce, or their signature pizza pastie (think pizza dough folded over a choice of fillings, and cooked in a pastie shape) which is extremely juicy and comes with the traditional tomato, meat and veggie fillings, to a steak and cheese pizza, to a pizza pastie filled with taco-meat, enchillada sauce, and refried beans. You can even get a BLT pizza pastie. These are all very good, but like eating a medium sized pizza by yourself. We generally purchase one per person and cut each in half for yummy next-day leftovers.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

ronjohn55 said:
Well, I'm one of those people who usually look at the topping list and say, okay! (In otherwords, I'll take all of them!)...John
I agree with John anything and everything belongs on a pizza.

I would have to try it first but I have never had squid or mussels.

Cameron

We like white pizza. Olive oil mixed with fresh chopped herbs, ( oregano, basil, thyme rosemary and garlic and Kosher salt. Spread on crust. for extra crispy crust bake on an upside down cheap cookie sheet. When pizza is almost done grate Assiago cheese over it. Assagio is a sharp hard Italian chesse. This pizza is good cooked on a grill to but you have to cook the dough plain on one side and then flip it over and cover with herbed olive oil. Add a slice of smoked salmon to your pizza when it is cooked.

I like a lot of garlic on mine with green olives. Usually I love peperoni, but can't have that anymore. If I have a choice I like white pizzas with no sauce too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom