Food History Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, Farming is a Job! so in Texas, the "cash crop" is Cotton. Louisiana, sugar cane. Florida, Citrus Trees. The "produce" from these crops are more Valuable per Acre.
In the Gulf States, we also "Grow" a bit of Oil!
Eric, Austin Tx.

I love it! My husband actually asked me to ask you guys the question and the answer(s) worked for him. Yes, we do know that quick breads are in all cultures, just that the south doesn't seem to have as much of a yeast bread tradition.

OK, let's keep it going. Here's one that a lot of folk I'm surprised don't know. I think you all will definitely have more to offer.

People think of tomatoes, as in Italian tomato sauce, are traditional to Italy, that potatoes are really Irish. They are both "new world", adopted in relatively (historically, that is) recent times. Anyone know any others?

I'm lost.

This was going great...wonderful thread full of insightful observations and then....? Huh? Turkeys...Ducks?

Makse sense now. How about adding boar, bear, deer, squirrel, raccoon, possum, and anything else catchable to the list.

Makse sense now. How about adding boar, bear, deer, squirrel, raccoon, possum, and anything else catchable to the list.

A lot of those are found in the Old World :huh:
I thought the thread was about what was taken back...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom